Little Sucker, manufactured by Neotech, are single-handed suctioning Aspirators that are made for preemies and infants. These suction devices feature a soft, flexible tip that is gentle and effective for Pediatric Patients.
These Children's Suction Aspirator barbed connection ends are designed to connect directly to standard Suction Tubing. Little Suckers are designed for one handed suctioning, leaving the other hand free. These Aspirators are latex-free, so that they are suitable for use on those with latex allergies.
What is the Little Suckers Oral Suction?
The Little Sucker products are soft tips that attach to suction tubing using a ribbed insertion piece. Push this connector into the open end of a tube, twisting it back and forth. The force of the air hose constricting holds the connector in place.
The tip of each Little Sucker Preemie or Little Sucker Standard Device is thin to fit inside of the tiny nasal and oral openings found in neonates and preemies. Their softness and flexibility are gentle on delicate new skin.
An optional nasal tip features a guard that is too wide to fit inside of the nostril, which helps protect against damage.
Each is for single user usage but can be used multiple times throughout the day. Needs replacement every 24 hours.
What problems do they solve?
- Clears obstructions in the airways (aspirated meconium)
- Helps prevent damage or discomfort from using an instrument that is too large for the opening
- Eliminated damage that occurs from too deep of penetration into the nose
How is it different?
The tips are similar to a bulb syringe in that they are soft and flexible. Unlike the bulb syringe, however, they have a constant flow of suctioning power available.
They have a built-in thumb port to toggle when you have suction by sealing off the hole with your thumb. Now you can operate suctioning with one hand.
You can get a brightly-colored cover to protect your Little Suckers Nasal Suction or Little Suckers Oral Suction device from damage and debris.
Who Uses Them?
- Home Healthcare
Directions for Using
- *If you are using the cover, make sure that the thumb port is open (remove the cap if it is on the port).
- Push the barbed piece into the suction line.
- Adjust suction level to the recommended pressure.
- Place your thumb over the port opening.
- Remove obstructions from the patient's airway.
- Rinse by suctioning sterile water through the Little Suckers 2-piece device.
- *If using a cover, place cover over the tip and push cap down over the thumb port.
- Replace the device or the cover at least once per day (follow your organization's guidelines).
Cautions and Warnings
- The sale of this device is upon doctors' orders only.
- Use as directed only - the clearing of the mouth or nose.
- Inserting the products too deep into the mouth or nose can cause damage.
- Clear any debris from the device at once.
- The product is for single patient use only.
Little Sucker Specifications
- Brand: Little Suckers
- Manufacturer: Neotech
- Materials (Little Sucker): Thermoplastic Elastomers
- Materials (Cover): PVC
- Product Numbers: N204, N205, N225 and N224.
- Replace Every 24 Hours
- HCPCS Code: A4649
- Dimensions Little Sucker: (N204 - Preemie) 106 mm (L) Tip Diameter 2 mm Thumb Port Diameter 5 mm, (N205 - Standard) 120 mm (L) Tip Diameter 3 mm Thumb Port Diameter 5 mm, (N204TP - Preemie) 116 mm (L) Tip Diameter 2 mm Thumb Port Diameter 6 mm, (N205TP - Standard) 130 mm (L) Tip Diameter 3 mm Thumb Port Diameter 6 mm
- Dimensions Nasal Tip: (N224 - Preemie) 105 mm (L) Tip Diameter 2 mm Nasal Guard Diameter 11 mm Thumb Port Diameter 5 mm, (N224TP - Preemie) 109 mm (L) Tip Diameter 2 mm Nasal Guard Diameter 11 mm Thumb Port Diameter 5 mm, (N225 - Standard) 120 mm (L) Tip Diameter 3 mm Nasal Guard Diameter 15 mm Thumb Port Diameter 5 mm, (N225TP - Standard) 109 mm (L) Tip Diameter 2 mm Nasal Guard Diameter 15 mm Thumb Port Diameter 6 mm
- Individually Packaged
Little Sucker Features and Benefits
- Single-Handed Suctioning
- Soft, Flexible Tip
- Similar tip Using a Bulb Syringe
- Latex Free
- DEHP Free
- BPA Free
- Built to Reduce Tissue Damage
- Intermittent Suctioning Controlled by Thumb
What to Buy with Them
Manuals and Documents