The Miltex Disposable Surgical Scalpel Blades are available in either carbon steel or stainless steel. The blades are manufactured by Integra Miltex, the largest supplier of disposable hand-held surgical instruments used for general surgery, reconstructive surgery and neurosurgery. The surgical scalpel blades provide clean incisions with its razor-sharp cutting edge. The blade number is etched on the side of the blade to ensure the correct size is selected. The blades are available in size 10, 11, 15, 15C and 20. Integra Miltex packages each scalpel blade individually to ensure sterility and safety when inserted directly into a No. 3 and No. 4 scalpel handle.
Choosing the blade type may be the preference of the medical facility or surgeon. Carbon steel is much stronger than stainless steel but is easier to dent or chip and stainless steel is softer than carbon steel but is corrosion or rust-resistant. The scalpel blades come in a box of 10 or box of 100. Each blade is sealed allowing a longer shelf life of up to five years. The scalpel blades are disposable for convenience and therefore may not be reused.
You may be interested in sterile pre-attached surgical blades such as the McKesson Non-Safety Disposable Scalpel that are sterile and are available in a variety of blade sizes.
Features and Benefits:
- Disposable for One-Time Use
- Sizes Clearly Marked on Blade
- Packaged Sterile
- Razor-Sharp for Clean Incisions
- Available in a Variety of Sizes
- Easily Insert into a Scalpel Handle
- Long Shelf Life
- Manufacturer: Integra Miltex
- Carbon Steel Item Numbers: 4-110, 4-111, 4-115, 4-115C, 4-120
- Stainless Steel Item Numbers: 4-315, 4-315C, 4-320, 4-410, 4-411, 4-415
- Quantity: Box of 10, Box of 100
- Sizes: 10, 11, 15, 15C, 20
- Blade Material: Carbon or Stainless Steel
- Latex Free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Packaging: Individually Foil Peel-Packs
- Application: Surgical Scalpel
- Grade: Surgical Blade
- HCPCS Code: A9270
- Shelf Life: 5 Years
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!