Customers Also Bought
Maxtens 1000 TENS Unit is a portable unit for pain relief and treatment. Requiring a prescription, this item should only be used under the direction of a physician. It provides an alternative to an invasive surgery or medications by using electricity by way of electrodes to alter the perception of pain, bringing a sense of relief. TENS units are not guaranteed to work on everyone, so be sure to read the precautions below and consult with your doctor to see if this option is worth considering.
Bio Protech MAXTENS 1000 Analog Dual Channel TENS Unit is able to customize treatment with a timer, three different modes, varying pulse rate and width as well as dual channels to save different settings. The device has built in safety features for the user such as a cover to protect the controls from accidental setting changes. Another safety feature is the zero-start function. While installing the battery, the MAXTENS 1000 will not shock the user, even if both adjusters are not currently in the off position. The device will not work after battery installation until turned fully off and then turned on again.
For those who struggle with the visibility of the analog settings, Bio-Protech also has a digital version. For the digital readout, see the Digital MAXTENS2000 Unit.
Product Features and Benefits
- Protective Cover to Prevent Accidental Adjustments
- Zero-Start Function to Reduce Unintentional Shock
- Fully Adjustable for Custom Treatment
- Compact for Portable Pain Relief
- Manufacturer: Bio-Protech Inc
- Channels: Dual
- Timer Settings: 15, 30, Continuous
- Power: 9V Battery
- Height: 4.13 inches
- Width: 2.75 inches
- Depth: 1 inch
- Weight: 4.48 oz.
- Mode: Modulation, Normal or Burst Mode
- Pulse Rate: Adjustable from 2-150 Hz
- Pulse Width: Adjustable from 30-260 us
- Storage Temperature: 68-140 Fahrenheit
- Storage Humidity: 20-95%
- Product ID: MAXTENS1000
- Post-Trauma or Accident
- Joint or Muscle Conditions
- Alternative to Prescription Drugs
TENS Unit Control Adjustment
- Slide cover away from the controls.
- The top knobs are the on/off switch and intensity control. When both are set to zero, it activates the zero start function. Use this time to attach lead wires to the device. Turn the knobs clockwise to adjust the intensity level.
- Push mode selector until you reach burst, constant or modulation stimulation as desired or recommended by a physician.
- Turn the dial on the right to adjust the number of electric impulses to the skin each second. If there are any questions regarding the number of impulses, be sure to contact a physician.
- The left dial to adjust the pulse width. This is the length of each pulse felt on the skin.
- The bottom switch controls the time or length of treatment. It can be set to 15 minutes, 30 minutes or to continuous mode.
- Not intended to cure
- Not for use on the head or neck
- To be used by physician recommendation and supervision
- Not for use on or by children
- Repeated long term use can cause skin irritation
- Do not use with a demand-type pacemaker
- Do not use with a known cardiac health concern
- If pregnant, cease using the TENS unit
- Use only as instructed in the owner’s manual
- TENS Unit
- 4 Electrodes
- 2 Leadwires
- 1 Battery
- 1 Instruction Manual
- 1 Carrying Case
Care and Storage of Your Dual Channel Maxtens 1000
- Clean wires with a damp cloth, coating in talcum powder for extended life
- Wash skin before and after placing and removing electrodes
- Store electrodes in resealable bag in between uses
- Keep electrodes slightly moist with a few drops of cold water and let air dry
- Discard electrodes when they stop adhering to skin
- Use non-flammable cleaning solution
- For transportation, put back in carrying case with protective foam
- Remove batteries when not using for extended periods of time
- Store in a cool, dry place and avoid extreme temperatures
Information and Documents
- Additional Information