Customers Also Bought
Mangar Elk Lifting Cushion Overview
When a fall without injury happens, the Mangar ELK Emergency Lifting Cushion can help. Gone is the need to call for extra help or wait for emergency personnel to come. This inflatable cushion gets the person back on their feet in minutes and reduces the risks that come with lifting someone from the floor. It also helps preserve the dignity of the one who fell.
Operating the Mangar ELK Cushion is easy and does not require certification, although a little training is needed first. A four-button control runs the Airflo Plus Compressor to fill each of four cushions in order, gently lifting the person. The unit is sturdy, with a lifting capacity of 980 pounds.
The cushions inflate using a compressor that supplies 5 PSI of output, smoothly filling each cushion. Once a pad is full, the compressor shuts off, keeping the cushion from bursting. Fill the pads in order, starting with number one, then two, and so on. For most individuals, only the first three cushions need filling to lift the person adequately. If a pad fails to inflate to capacity, do not put air into any cushions above it, as that causes instability.
The Mangar Elk is small and compact, with a total weight of just eight pounds, making it easy to transport. Its little profile allows you to use it in areas with limited space, such as bathrooms, where traditional lifting equipment does not fit. Battery power and water-repellent material permit you to use this unit indoors and out, making it more versatile than most other lifts. Vitality Medical also carries replacement parts and accessories as well as replacement Airflow Compressors to keep the lift in top working condition.
How the Mangar ELK Lifting Cushion Improves Productivity
Repeatedly lifting people from the floor takes its toll. From small muscle tears to major lumbar issues, these injuries result in time lost from work, increased worker's comp claims, and expensive turnover. Not only that but when a staff member gets hurt lifting, they may be reluctant to repeat the task in the future.
How to Use the Lifting Device
- Use to Lift Uninjured People Only
- Maneuver the Cushion Under the Person
- Inflate One Chamber at a Time, Starting at the Bottom
- Once the Person is High Enough, Help Them to Their Feet or a Chair
- *For Heavier Persons, You May Wish to Use the Slide Sheet by Mangar
Who Should Use the Mangar Cushion?
- Retirement Homes
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Units
- EMT Units
- In-Home Caregivers
How to Operate the ELK
- Connect each color-coded air hose to the corresponding connector on the lifter cushion (number one is at the bottom).
- Place the Airflo to the side and out of the way of the lifter (make sure that it will not get in the way during operation).
- Attach the air tube from the controller to the outlet on the compressor.
- Activate the 'auto' function by holding down the 'auto' button until its LED display lights up.
How to Clean
- Fill all the pads with air.
- Wash the surfaces with a sponge and non-abrasive liquid cleaner.
- Dry completely.
- Do not use hot air to dry.
How to Disinfect
- Inflate and clean.
- Use a 1:10 solution of liquid bleach and water.
- Let soak in solution for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold clean water.
- Air dry.
- Practice using the lift before lifting a person.
- Never use to lift yourself without assistance.
- Check to see if more than one assistant is needed.
- Never place unit on sharp objects.
- Cover rough surfaces with a blanket or other thick material before using the Elk.
- Do not permit a section to deflate while below inflated partition.
- Inflate cushions starting at the ground and working upward in order.
Product Features and Benefits
- Easy to Use
- Fast and Simple Lift
- Dignified and Safe
- Portable for Travel
- Great for Bariatric Patients
- Reduces Risk of Injury to Caregiver
- Made of Hydrophobic Material
- Use in Compact Spaces
Warranty: 2-Year Limited, with Options for 1, 3, and 5-Year Extended Warranties
Mangar manufactures several lifting cushions to aid with mobility, including:
Mangar Elk Lifting Cushion Review Video (2.41 minutes)
How to Perform Safe Assisted Lifting (3:10 minutes)
Elk Lifting Cushion Video (1.50 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Inflated Height22 Inches
- Inflated Width22.5 Inches
- Seat Depth20 Inches
- Folded Height4.5 Inches
- Folded Width10 Inches
- Folded Length24.5 Inches
- Cushion Weight8 Pounds
- Compressor Weight13 Pounds
- Weight Capacity980 Pounds
- Output Pressure5 PSI
- Batteries(2) 12 V, 2.3 Ah
- Battery Life1000 Charging Cycles
- Lifts per Charge3 Lifts
- Item NumberMPCA070200
- ManufacturerMangar Health
- UnitTwo-Year, Limited
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Manuals & Documents