Mangar Elk Lifting Cushion System
- Easy to use
- Two-year warranty
- Compact for easy storage
- Long battery life 1,000 charging cycles
- Emergency lifting cushion
- Lightweight only 21 pounds
- 980-pound capacity
- Fast delivery
|HEA0033||Cushion Only - Compressor Not Included - Ships Free!||Each||
List Price: $1995.65 Price:
$1,776.13You Save: $219.52 (11%)
|MPCA070400||Cushion with Airflo 24 Compressor - Ships Free!||Each||
List Price: $1980.90 Price:
$1,763.00You Save: $217.90 (11%)
|Z99213||1 Year Extended Warranty (Product Sold Separately) - Ships Free!||Each||
List Price: $187.58 Price:
$166.95You Save: $20.63 (11%)
|Z99214||3 Year Extended Warranty (Product Sold Separately) - Ships Free!||Each||
List Price: $281.97 Price:
$250.95You Save: $31.02 (11%)
|Z99215||5 Year Extended Warranty (Product Sold Separately) - Ships Free!||Each||
List Price: $376.35 Price:
$334.95You Save: $41.40 (11%)
Who Uses This Product? Medical personnel from EMS paramedics to retirement home staff use the lifting system to aid fallen individuals who have limited mobility.
Why Give It a Try? The Elk is compact and battery-powered to lift a fallen person up to 980 pounds. The robust cushions do the heavy lifting thus removing the physical toll and strain that lifting places on the body and helping to keep staff safe and productive.
Mangar Elk Lifting Cushion Overview
When a fall without injury happens, the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is there to help. Caring for someone with limited mobility can be taxing on the body. Having this lifting device makes it a true game changer. Gone are the days of waiting for help to come or calling emergency services. This inflatable cushion gets the person back onto their feet in minutes, reducing the risk of injury to both the caregiver and the individual, and it does so in a dignified manner.
How Does the Elk Work?
The system supports emergency lifting for uninjured individuals up to 980 pounds. The cushion is rolled out flat and the person scoots onto the cushion. Heavier persons may want to use a Slide Sheet by Mangar. Once they are positioned, the caregiver uses the remote control to activate the compressor for inflation to begin. The battery-powered compressor ensures operation without finding a power source. The Airflo Plus Compressor gently fills each cushion for controlled inflation until the individual is at a sitting position. The compressor automatically shuts off, keeping the cushion from bursting.
Versatile Compact Design
The Mangar Elk is small and compact to get into areas with limited space, such as bathrooms, where traditional lifting equipment does not fit. Battery power and water-repellent material permit the lifting cushion to be placed indoors and out, making it the most flexible lift on the market.
How Does the Mangar Elk Lifting Cushion Improve Safety and Productivity?
Repeatedly lifting people from the floor takes its toll on both the staff and the patient. Regular lifting can create small muscle tears to major lumbar issues, these injuries result in time lost from work, increased worker's comp claims, and expensive turnover. Using the Elk for the heavy lifting takes the pressure off the body so that staff can stay healthy and productive.
Who Should Use the Mangar Cushion?
Staff and medical personnel who care for individuals with limited mobility at the following places:
- Retirement Homes
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Units
- In-Home Care
- Anywhere EMTs Provide Service
Features and Benefits
- Easy To Operate
- Fast and Simple Lifting
- Dignified and Safe Lifting
- Lightweight and Portable
- Safe To Use Indoors or Out
- Ideal Lifting for Bariatric Patients
- Battery Powered To Work Anywhere
- Reduces Risk of Injury to Caregiver
- Made of Waterproof Material
- May Be Used in Compact Spaces
Compare Mangar Products
- Manufacturer: Mangar Health
- Product Numbers:
- MPCA070400 (System)
- HEA0033 (Cushion Only)
- User Weight Capacity: 980 Pounds
- Cushion Weight: 8 Pounds
- Compressor Weight: 13 Pounds
- Compressor Output Pressure: 5 PSI
- Batteries: (2) 12V, 2.3 Ah
- Battery Lifts per Charge: 3 Lifts
- Battery Life: 1000 Charging Cycles
- Max/Min Temperature: 122/5 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Cushion: 2 Years, Limited
- 1 Year (Batteries)
- Inflated Height: 22 Inches, 56 Centimeters
- Inflated Width: 22.5 Inches, 57 Centimeters
- Seat Depth: 20 Inches, 50 Centimeters
- Folded Height: 4.5 Inches, 11.4 Centimeters
- Folded Width: 10 Inches, 25.4 Centimeters
- Folded Length: 24.5 Inches, 62.25 Centimeters
Cleaning and Disinfection Instructions
- Fill all the pads with air.
- Wash the surfaces with a sponge and non-abrasive liquid cleaner.
- Dry completely or disinfect.
- Disinfection solution use 1:10 ration of liquid bleach and water.
- Soak in solution for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold clean water.
- Air dry, using only cold air.
- Practice using the lift before lifting a person for the first time.
- This device is not meant to be operated by the individual who has fallen.
- Check to see if more than one assistant is needed.
- Never place the unit on sharp objects.
- Cover rough surfaces with a blanket or other thick material before using the Elk.
- Inflate cushions starting at the ground and working upward in order.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure contains product features and key benefits.
- User Instructions provides operation instructions, routine cleaning instructions, and warranty information.
- Manual for Airflo Plus Compressor provides user instructions on how to operate the compressor.
- USA Post Fall Management White Paper includes safe lifting and benefit information in the document.
- Specifications Sheet contains product specifications.
|Weight Capacity||700 lbs.||980 lbs.||485 lbs.|
|One- or Two-Handed Operation||Easy One Hand Operation||Two-Hand Operation||Easy One Hand Operation|
|Can Be Used in Small Spaces||No||No||Yes|
|Product Weight||8 lbs.||8 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Lifts per Charge (Average)||1 Lift||3 Lifts||6 Lifts|
|Clinical or Home Use||Both||Home Use||Home Use|
|View Details||View Details||View Details|