Customers Also Bought
Lansinoh NaturalWave Nipples are precisely what moms need when transitioning their breastfed baby to a bottle or alternating between the breast and the bottle. The NaturalWave teat is made with soft and pliable silicone that's clinically proven to reduce nipple preference and confusion established by breastfed babies. Every mom fears their baby may reject the bottle due to nipple confusion. Lansinoh Bottle Nipples reassure moms that everything will be okay while she is away. The silicone nipple encourages natural latch-on, tongue movement, and swallowing to include all the distinctive sucking motions the baby is accustomed to that are part of oral development.
The noticeable slots located on the nipple are Anti-Colic Vents (AVS) to reduce air intake as the baby feeds so that gas doesn't cause discomfort or cause the baby to spit up. This AVS system is also designed to reduce the potential cause of colic. For ease of identifying the flow type, each nipple has a number with 2S signifying Slow Flow and 3M for Medium Flow, formerly branded Lansinoh mOmma Medium Flow Nipples. These NaturalWave nipples are included with the purchase of Lansinoh Feeding Bottles, but it's always a good idea to purchase additional nipples to replace as needed or if they are damaged. It is important to follow proper cleaning instructions found below. Nipple brushes can be used to clean the nipple, but with caution since brushes can puncture through the nipple easily and change the flow rate or damage the silicone.
How to Clean Natural Wave Lansinoh Nipples
Gently wash the nipple in soapy water and wash around the surface and into the nipple. Use caution when using a nipple brush because the bristles tend to puncture through the nipple hole and damage the nipple and compromise the flow rate.
Suggested Lansinoh Breastfeeding Products
- Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads - Ultra-thin and ultra-absorbent, these top-rated disposable nursing pads use gel technology for confident protection so mom stays dry.
- Lanolin Cream - This is a very popular brand of Lanolin Nipple Cream because it effectively soothes and heals cracked and sore nipples. Best of all, it is safe for the baby and doesn't need to be wiped off before breastfeeding.
- TheraPearl 3-in-1 Therapy Packs - These reusable packs provide both hot or cold therapy to reduce pain when milk ducts are clogged. The packs can also encourage milk let-down to help pumping go faster.
Features and Benefits
- Easy Replacement if Nipple is Lost or Damaged
- Flexible Silicone to Mimic Natural Movement at the Breast
- Reduces Nipple Confusion
- Non-Toxic Silicone
- Vents Reduce Air Intake
- Easy Identification of Flow Rate
- Manufacturer: Lansinoh
- Product Number: 71027 (2S), 71026 (3M)
- Nipple Flow Options: Slow (2S), Medium (3M)
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Material: Silicone
- BPA & BPS-Free: Yes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it Safe to Wash Natural Wave Nipples in the Dishwasher?
Yes, place the nipples in a mesh bag or open plastic container on the top rack. Silicone wears down with a high temperature and therefore it won't last as long. It is better to gently handwash the nipple.
What is Air Ventilation System (AVS)?
The AVS system is a series of slots located at the top of the nipple to reduce the amount of air ingested while baby feeds.
Can these Natural Wave Teats be Used with Other Bottles
Lansinoh bottles have a wide neck to work with breast pumps and therefore we do not recommend using it with other bottles since it has not been tested.
How often should nipples be replaced?
The nipples should be replaced when you notice wear and tear. Inspect the nipple regularly and change every 7 weeks. To extend the life of the nipple, hand wash and do not leave in direct sunlight or heat for a long period of time.
Benefits of Lansinoh Bottles with NaturalWave Teat Video (2:11 minutes)
- Additional Information