Other Portex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
The Portex Replacement Inner Cannula by Smiths Medical is a thin tube inserted into the Portex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tube to facilitate patient care and reduce the post-procedural infection. The Inner Cannula is constructed of a soft, flexible and lightweight siliconized polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic which not only makes for an easy application but it reduces risk of tracheal trauma. The ease of replacement is important since the patient will have cannula replaced often as mucus builds up. The Portex Replacement Inner Cannulas are disposable and therefore cannot be cleaned and reused. These cannulas are compatible with Portex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes such as the Portex Uncuffed Flex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes. These Portex Trach Tubes come in five sizes, and are color coded to match the corresponding size of the Inner Cannula that has a matching color for quick identification.
Features and Benefits:
- Five Sizes
- Flexible Construction
- Color Coded for Easy Detection
- Latex Free
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Brand: Portex
- Material: PVC
- Sizes: 5mm-9mm
- Quantity: Each, Box-20, Case-60
- Compatible: Portex D.I.C. Tracheostomy Tubes
- Item Numbers: 526060 (Orange), 526070 (Green), 526080 (White), 526090 (Blue), 526100 (Yellow)
Instructions to Change Disposable Inner Cannula:
- Wash your hands.
- Suction your tracheostomy, if needed.
- Open the package of a new disposable inner cannula.
- Unlock and remove the disposable inner cannula according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Gently insert a new disposable inner cannula and lock in place according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Place used inner cannula into a garbage bag and throw away in the trash.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI was told that this is a cleaning tool. You use once and throw them away. Is that truce ? can you only use for one cleaning ?Question by: connie on Aug 12, 2016 4:57:33 AMWe can't verify whether or not this item is for single-use only. It's best to contact the manufacturer for a clearer response.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Nov 17, 2016 1:47:00 PMAre these "locking" inner cannulas and how do we measure for the correct size? Also, how long does shipping take? Thank you.Question by: Sharri Zahnter on Jul 28, 2016 10:02:00 AMThese are not locking cannulas. For sizing, it's best to refer to a medical professional before placing your order. Our shipping time frame starts with 7-10 day delivery. There are faster shipping options available at a higher price point.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Nov 30, 2016 9:01:00 AM