Customers Also Bought
Skil-Care Heel-Float Pressure Relieving Boots for Bedridden Patients
Skil-Care Heel-Float is a specially designed heel float boot used for treating heel ulcers, These heel boots serve as heel protection for bedridden patients. This pressure-relieving boot off-loads the heel by suspending the injured heel over an air cavity. This provides zero pressure to the heel, preventing the formation of pressure ulcers and aids in the healing of existing bed sores.
The heel protector boots include a water-based gel pack that relieves pressure beneath the ankle. The gel may be heated or cooled to provide hot/cold therapy. For heat therapy, the gel pack may be warmed in water to the desired temperature. The gel pack should not be microwaved. For cold therapy, cool the gel pack by placing it in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. The gel pack is easily accessed and removed by opening a flap at the back of the heel protector boot.
Ski-Care’s Heel-Float features a new adaptable VelcroR strap that secures with one strap at the ankle and one at the instep, or with both straps at the ankle. The ankle/instep option should be used if the patient’s foot moves rearward in the Heel-Float or if the foot moves to the left or right inside the heel float boot.
The Heel Float may be washed and dried at temperatures that do not exceed 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Do not use chlorine bleach with the heel boot. The gel pack should be removed before laundering.
Skil-Care offers many products to aid in patient recovery for pressure ulcers, including the Heel Protector Pad, the Synthetic Sheepskin Bed Pad, the Gel-Foam Heel Cushion, and the Ultra-Soft Heel Protector Pad.
Product Features & Benefits
- Off-loading boot for heel pressure ulcer treatment.
- Heel protector for bed sores.
- Heel protectors for elderly.
- Floats the heel of your foot over an air cavity for zero pressure.
- Water-based gel insert lowers pressure beneath ankle.
- Anti-foot drop construction.
- Foam cushioned sides protect lateral and medial malleoli.
- Controls dorsal flexion.
- Machine washable.
- Product Numbers: 503034, 503035, 503036, 503097, 503099, 503430.
- Width Sizes: 3, 4 and 5 Inch.
- Overall Sizes: Small, Medium, Large/Bariatric.
- Gel Pack Replacement Sizes: Medium and Large.
- Heel Wedge Size: 11-3/8 x 8 x 3-1/2 Inch.
- Application: Foam Heel Protectors for Bed Sores.
- Closure: Velcro.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 6-months limited.
Product Manuals & Documents
- Heel-Float Use Instructions offers information for the use and maintenance of this product.
- Catalog of Pressure Ulcer Treatment Products offers short summary on many products used to prevent and treat pressure ulcers..
- Heel Pressure Ulcers Prevention & Treatment Guidelines offers treatment information from the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Board.
- Santamaria, Nick, et al. "A randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness of soft silicone multi‐layered foam dressings in the prevention of sacral and heel pressure ulcers in trauma and critically ill patients: the border trial." International wound journal 12.3 (2015): 302-308.
- Junkin, Joan, and Mikel Gray. "Are pressure redistribution surfaces or heel protection devices effective for preventing heel pressure ulcers?." Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing 36.6 (2009): 602-608.
- Fowler, Evonne, Suzy Scott-Williams, and James B. McGuire. "Practice recommendations for preventing heel pressure ulcers." Ostomy Wound Manage 54.10 (2008): 42-57.
Pressure Ulcer Stages Video (1:49 minutes)
Heel Pressure Ulcer Treatment Video (1 hour, 7:23 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A