Other Glucerna product(s)
- Glucerna 1.2 Cal Specialized Nutrition for Glycemic Control
- Glucerna with Fiber
- Glucerna Strawberry Therapeutic Nutrition Shake - 8 oz. Can
- Glucerna Shakes Reclosable 8 oz. plastic bottles Homemade Vanilla - 8 oz. Can
- Glucerna Shakes Butter Pecan - 8 oz. Cans
- Glucerna Shakes Rich Chocolate - 8 oz. Cans
Customers Also Bought
Glucerna Hunger Smart Shakes are for individuals managing diabetes. The Glucerna Hunger Smart Shake chocolate is rich and favorful. The homemade vnutritional shake is also a tasty treat. They can partially replace a meal or offer a delicious snack as part of a weight loss plan. Developed by Abbott Nutrition to manage hunger and diabetes, Glucerna includes a key essential nutrient--Chromium Picolinate. This nutrient helps to metabolize carbohydrates. The proprietary CarbSteady formula offers a blend of clinically-proven, slowly digestible carbohydrates to minimize blood sugar response. The formula is also rich in antioxidants that are beneficial to the immune system.Medical studies regarding diabetes management and nutrition supplements find that slow-release carbohydrates for breakfast improve health outcomes. One study termed these nutritional drinks as nutaceuticals. "A nutraceutical is defined as a pharmaceutical-grade and standardized nutrient. Such nutraceuticals include proteins, vitamins, fiber, and electrolytes that can be found in baby formula, health bars, and supplements, such as Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Glucerna®, and Ensure® products manufactured by Abbott Labs."1 "Use of [diabetes-specific nutritional shakes] DSNS to replace breakfast and as an afternoon snack improves both glycemic control and behavioral factors related to dietary management of diabetes."2
Nutritious Shakes with CarbSteady
Other Glucerna products for diabetes management are below:
- Crispy Delight Nutrition Bars offer a tasty treat to ward off hunger.
- Strawbery Therapeutic Nutrition Shake for weight loss and better blood glucose levels.
- Glucerna with Fiber provides over 100% of RDI's for 24 key vitamins and minerals.
- 1.5 Cal Specilized Nutrition includes prebiotic fiber NutraFlora® scFOS for optimal digestion and colon health.
Supports Immune Health
- An essential macronutrient
- Supports creation of antibodies
- Assist in the formation of immune system cells
- Helps regulate the immune system
- Protects the skin
- Supports tissues in the mouth, stomach, intestines, and respiratory system
- Promotes cellular reproduction
- Supports the synthesis of new immune system cells
- Fat-soluble vitamin
- Helps activate and regulate immune system cell function
- An antioxidant
- Helps the body build healthy skin
- Strengthens tissue to resist entry of bacteria and other harmful organisms
- An antioxidant
- Helps protect cell membranes from damage due to free radicals
Features and Benefits
- Great-Tasting Flavors
- Manages Hunger
- Contains Slow Digested Carbohydrates
- Won't Spike Blood Sugars
- Supports Immune System
- Ingredients Support Product Slow-Release Metabolism
- Item Numbers: 62882, 62885
- Size: 10 oz
- Flavors: Rich Chocolate, Homemade Vanilla
- Packaging: Bottle
- Quantity: Each, Case of 12
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance
- Brand: Glucerna
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
Glucerna Hunger Smart Shakes for Weight Loss
- Serves as a meal replacement
- Tasty snack
- Helps manages blood sugar
- Reduces risk of blood glucose spikes
- Added nutrients to support immune health
- #1 Doctor recommended for people with diabetes
- Rich delicious flavors
- 15 grams of protein
- 180 calories
- 6 grams of fiber
Made with CarbSteady
- Blend of slow-release carbohydrates
- Helps minimize blood sugar spikes
- Designed for the management of blood sugar
- Glucerna produces a smaller peak change in blood sugar
- It provides a lower blood sugar response
Moderate-Glycemic Carbs (GI of 56 to 69) = Potatoes, Corn, White Rice
High-Glycemic Carbs (GI of 70 or higher) = White Bread, Instant Oatmeal, Bagels, Cake, Doughnuts, Crackers, Pretzels, Breakfast Cereal1
- Nutrition supplement
- Manage blood glucose levels
- Between meal snack
- Meal replacement
- Not for sole-source nutrition.
- Not for tube feeding.
- Not for IV use.
- Not for people with galactosemia.
Instructions for Use
- Shake well
- Serve cold
- Refrigerate after opening
- 48 hour product life after opeining
Storage and Handling
- Store at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- Best if consumed cold.
- Shake before consuming.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Meal Replacement for Weight Loss
Rich Chocolate: Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Fructose. Less than 1% of: High Oleic Safflower Oil, Corn Maltodextrin, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Canola Oil, Soy Oil, Glycerin, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gel, Soy Fiber, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sucralose, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Ferrous Sulfate, Gellan Gum, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Picolinate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin B12.
Homemade Vanilla: Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Fructose, Corn Maltodextrin; Less than 1% of: High Oleic Safflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Canola Oil, Soy Oil, Glycerine, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gel, Sodium Citrate, Soy Fiber, Magnesium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Gellan Gum, Ferrous Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Picolinate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin and Vitamin D3.
Allergens: Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Glucerna Hunger Smart Shake Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving. 10 fl oz (296 mL) Value % Daily ValueNutritient Data Calories: 180 180 Calories from Fat: 70 Fat: 8 grams 12% Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams 8% Trans Fat: 0 Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 grams Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5 grams Cholesterol: 10 mg 3% Sodium: 300 mg
Potassium: 580 grams 17% Total Carbohydrate: 16 grams 27% Dietary Fiber: 5 grams 20% Sugars: 6 grams Protein 15 grams 30% Halal Yes Kosher Yes
Suitable for lactose intolerance
Yes Gluten-free Yes
Item RDI % / DV %Vitamin Data Vitamin A 25 Vitamin C 100 Vitamin D 40 Vitamin E 25 Vitamin K 25 Thiamin 25 Riboflavin 25 Niacin 25 Vitamin B6 25 Folate 25 Folic Acid, mcg Vitamin B12 25
Calcium 30%Mineral Data Iron 30% Biotin 25% Pantothenic Acid 25% Phosphorus 30% Iodine 25% Magnesium 30% Zinc 30% Selenium 25% Copper 35% Manganese 40% Chromium 170% Molybdenum 30% Chloride 8%
Glucerna Hunger Smart Nutritional Drink with CarbSteady
Is Glucerna Hunger Smart a meal replacement?
This nutritious shake is a meal replacement formulation. It contains 180 calories and 10 grams of protein. Its formulation manages hunger and provides slow-digesting carbohydrates to keep the consumer energized for several hours without a sugar spike.
Can Glucerna help you lose weight?
Overtime these nutritious shakes can help consumers lose weight by reducing calorie intake. The formulation has provides carbs that digest slowly to provide the feeling of energy for a longer period. It can help reduce the symptoms of diabetes and provide better nutrition health over time.
What is the difference between Ensure and Glucerna?
Ensure’s formulation is for meal replacement. Although Glucerna’s formulation is also for meal replacement, it has the added feature of managing blood sugar levels. It has fewer carbohydrates and spreads the carbohydrate load over several hours to prevent sugar spikes and to provide time-release carbs for longer-lasting energy.
- 1 Woodmansee, John W., Robert A. Woodmansee, and Erica D. Bruce. "Nutraceutical containing an oxygen-enabled composition." U.S. Patent No. 9,950,006. 24 Apr. 2018. (Last Accessed August-4-2020)
- 2 Mustad, Vikkie A., et al. "Use of a diabetes-specific nutritional shake to replace a daily breakfast and afternoon snack improves glycemic responses assessed by continuous glucose monitoring in people with type 2 diabetes: a randomized clinical pilot study." BMJ Open Diabetes Research and Care 8.1 (2020): e001258. (Last Accessed August-4-2020) )
- 3 "A good guide to good carbs: The glycemic index". Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School. (Last Accessed August-3-2020) )
- Hamdy, Osama, et al. "Long-term effect of intensive lifestyle intervention on cardiovascular risk factors in patients with diabetes in real-world clinical practice: a 5-year longitudinal study." BMJ Open Diabetes Research and Care 5.1 (2017). (Last Accessed August-4-2020)
- Colberg, Sheri R., et al. "Challenges associated with exercise studies in type 1 diabetes." Journal of diabetes science and technology 10.4 (2016): 993-994. (Last Accessed August-4-2020)
- Additional Information