Other Glucerna product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Glucerna 1.5 Cal Specialized Nutrition includes Abbott Nutrition's exclusive formula of CarbSteady®, slowly digested carbohydrates that have been clinically proven to lessen the blood glucose response after a meal. Chromium picolinate is also added as an essential nutrient important for carbohydrate metabolism. This formula was exclusively designed for individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes and patients with glucose intolerance resulting from metabolic stress after illness, trauma, and infection.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal Specialized Nutrition also includes prebiotic fiber NutraFlora® scFOS for optimal digestion and colon health. Three percent of the total calories is derived from saturated fatty acids, plant-based omega-3 fatty acids from canola oil and is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids consistent with the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association guidelines to support cardiovascular health. In 1500 Cal, patient receives 24 key vitamins and minerals for a well-rounded diet for tube or oral feeding and therefore Glucerna 1.5 supplement or be consumed as sole-source nutrition. For fewer calories, try Glucerna 1.0 Cal.
Features and Benefits:
- Slowly Digested Carbohydrates
- Slows Glycemic Response
- 1.5 Cal/mL- Needs Met with Less Volume
- Promotes Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Promotes Wound Healing
- Promotes Colon Health
- Supplement or Sole Source Nutrition
- 24 key Vitamins and Minerals
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Glucerna
- Item Numbers: 53534, 62679
- Volume: 8 oz, 1000 mL
- Container: Can, Ready-to-Hang Bottle
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance
- Brochure for Glucerna 1.5 Cal
- Enteral feeding and not to be administered through IV.
- Do not consume for individuals with galactosemia.
- Avoid contamination, do not share feeding sets. It's intended for single-patient use only.
- Use under the direction of a physician.
- Follow preparation guidelines for safe enteral feeding.
Liquid Unflavored: Water, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Corn Maltodextrin, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Canola Oil, Isomaltulose, Fructose, Soy Protein Isolate, Sucromalt, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Glycerine, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Oat Fiber, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Fiber, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Citrate, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Carnitine, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Gellan Gum, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Chromium Picolinate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. Allergens: Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Storage and Handling
8 oz Can:
- Store at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Clean top of can before drinking.
- Shake well.
- Once can is opened and not fully consumed, cover and refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
- Store and administer product at room temperature.
- Do not expose bottle to extreme temperatures.
- Use clean and sanitary techniques when handling the bottle and setting up to feeding set.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal Nutrition Information:
Volume 8 fl oz Calories 350 Protein 13 grams Fat 11 grams Trans Fat 0 grams Carbohydrates 51 grams Dietary Fiber 3 grams Vitamin A 25% RDI Vitamin D 80% RDI Vitamin E 30% RDI Vitamin K 25% RDI Vitamin C 60% RDI Vitamin B12 25% RDI Vitamin B6 25% RDI Niacin 25% RDI Biotin 25% RDI Pantothenic Acid 25% RDI Sodium 220 mg Potassium 400 mg Chloride 8% RDI Calcium 30% RDI Phosphorus 30% RDI Magnesium 25% RDI Iodine 25% RDI Manganese 60% RDI Copper 25% RDI Iron 25% RDI Zinc 30% RDI Selenium 30% RDI Chromium 25% RDI Molybdenum 60% RDI
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Glucerna
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!