Customers Also Bought
What is the Freedom Staff 2.0 Hand Control?
Freedom Staff offers a driving solution for people with disabilities, particularly those who cannot use their legs to operate car breaks and accelerators but who can use their arms and hands. This Activity Aid is a great option for users who have a condition that affects leg function without affecting upper body function, such as lower body paralysis. This product allows drivers with disabilities to instead use their hands for these functions. It also includes controls for acceleration and braking and a wheel knob for easy one-handed steering. The Freedome Staff Portable Hand Controls are universal and size adjustable, so it can also be installed in many different vehicle types, including large trucks, sedans, and more. In addition, its installation is impermanent and transferrable for user convenience and a compact, lightweight size makes it easily transportable. This item comes with a carrying bag so users can easily take it wherever they go. This product is made out of lightweight, non-rust, durable stainless steel and aluminum materials for a long life.
Why Choose Freedom Staff Hand Controls?
Freedom Staff is highly adaptable. While many vehicle hand controls must be permanently installed, this Daily Living Aid is designed for flexible, temporary installation. This means users don't have to make permanent, expensive, and potentially damaging car installations. Such installations can significantly reduce the value of a car. This also gives users the freedom to switch the staff between vehicles and to use it in rental cars.
Users interested in this Freedom Staff SYL-940 model may also find interest in the CHA-720 model.
Features and Benefits
- Fits Almost Any Vehicle
- Steering Wheel Knob for One-Hand Steering
- Easy Steering
- Double Action Lever (Breaks and Accelerates)
- Adjustable Levers
- Can Be Transferred Between Vehicles
- Can Be Fitted to Vehicle Dimensions
- Lightweight Construction
- Non-Rust Aluminum and Stainless Steel Materials
- Highly Adaptable
- Adjustable for User Safety
- Affordably Priced
- Allows Users to Avoid Expensive, Damaging Installations
- Accurate and Reliable
- Comes with a Carrying Bag
- Universal - Fits Most Vehicles
- Simple, Tool-Free Installation
Who Will Find Freedom Staff Controls Useful?
Users with the following conditions will find this product helpful:
- Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Lower-Body Injury, Such as Broken Leg or Foot
- Leg or Foot Amputation
- Manufacturer: Freedom Staff
- Item Number: SYL-940
- Application: Driving Tool
- Type: Handicap Hand Controls
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Size Adjustable: Yes
- Folding: No
- Vehicle Type: Most
Freedom Staff Driving Hand Controls Assembly and Use
See the video below for a visual guide.
- Locate the control handle and support strap. Put the support strap loop around the longer control handle leg.
- Locate the brake leg and slide it into the control handle's shorter leg until the adjustment button pops into place (this can be adjusted later).
- Take the throttle clamp and slide it into the longer control handle leg until the adjustment button pops into place (again, this can be adjusted when this product is being installed later).
- Attach the throttle leg to the gas pedal by twisting the screws on the clamp until it is secure. Be sure it is sitting at an angle.
- Locate the brake clamp. With the brake pedal clamp held in position around the break, wrap the chain over and under the brake pedal. Take the other end of the chain and place it through the screw. This will help hold the brake clamp in place.
- Screw the brake clamp tightly and securely onto the break.
- Take the support strap and wrap it around the vehicle's steering column.
- Wrap the remaining loose part of the support strap around the brake assembly and snap it into place.
- Snap the spinner knob onto the steering wheel.
Freedom Staff SYL 940 Portable & Permanent Hand Controls Instructional Video (4:23 minutes)
Freedom Staff Spokes Person (1:41 minutes)
- Users using this product must have adequate levels of hand dexterity to operate it.
- This product should only be used by users trained by Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist (CDRS).
- Additional Information