Customers Also Bought
Mastisol Liquid Adhesive is a valuable compound that helps protect wounds from infection by sealing the dressing to the skin and keeping it in place. Mastisol Liquid Medical Adhesive, by Eloquest Healthcare of Ferndale Labs, provides such an excellent wound seal that it is a leading medical liquid adhesive on the market. Mastisol is simply applied to a clean, non-broken skin area surrounding the wound. When the liquid adhesive tries for 20-30 seconds, the dressing, tape, or device can be placed against the sticky skin surface.
Mastisol is a liquid medical adhesive. There are many applications for Mastisol, including affixing central line dressings, peripheral IV dressings, and securing indwelling catheters. Mastisol is also useful for keeping colostomy bags in place so they do not fail prematurely. By keeping all the materials in one place, it will decrease the chance of infection and failure rate of the dressings, tapes, or medical devices. Mastisol can also enhance the performance of other adhesive materials like tapes and adhesive bandages.
Mastisol Medical Adhesive holds its integrity even in moist conditions. Because it is not water-soluble, it will keep dressings secure even in very moist environments. The liquid adhesive will still maintain its sticky properties even with heavy sweat or areas of extreme moisture. Mastisol is non-water-soluble and CHG compatible. Unlike Tincture of Benzoin, Mastisol goes on clear, is non-staining, and has a lower risk of adverse reactions. This liquid medical adhesive comes in vials, bottles, and spray.
Gum Mastic, Styrax, Alcohol (SDA-23 and Methyl Salicylate.
Mastisol Features and Benefits
- This liquid adhesive will keep the most difficult dressings in place on the skin.
- It is the leading brand of liquid adhesive.
- Because it seals off the wound dressing, Mastisol will help prevent infection.
- It saves time and money by reducing the rate of replacing dressings and tape.
- It will enhance the adhesive performance of other dressing tapes.
Mastisol Liquid Medical Adhesive Specifications
- Manufacturer: Eloquest Healthcare of Ferndale Labs
- Brand: Mastisol®
- Mastisol Adhesive Product Numbers: 0496-0523-48, 0496-0523-15, 0496-0523-16, 0496-0523-06
- Size Options: 2/3-Milliliter Vial, 15-Milliliter Unit Dose Bottle, 15-Milliliter Spray Bottle, 1-Ounce Bottle
- Application: Liquid Medical Adhesive
- UNSPSC Code: 42311517
- HCPCS: A4364
Mastisol Liquid Adhesive Additional Information
- Mastisol Brochure shares information about ensuring compliance with CDC guidelines.
- Mastisol Comparison Chart displays the features and advantages in comparison to Tincture of Benzion and Skin Prep.
- FAQ for Mastisol includes brief description, ingredients, and uses for this liquid adhesive.
- MSDS for Mastisol Adhesive supplies the material safety data and regulatory information.
- Patient Handout for Mastisol and Detachol discusses frequently asked questions for both medical products.
- Mastisol Spray Bottle offers instructions for use of the spray application of Mastisol.
- Mastisol Use Instructions details 3 easy step for applying this medical adhesive.
- CVC Dressing Security with Mastisol displays the correct procedures for using this adhesive for securing CVC dressings.
- Lesesne, CB. Post-Operative Use of Wound Adhesives: Gum Mastic Versus Benzion, USP. J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1992; 18:990.
- Patel N, Smith CE, Pinchak AC, Hancock DE. The Influence of Tape Type and of Skin Preparation of the Force to Dislodge Angiocatheters. Can J Anaesth. 1994; 41(8): 738-741.
- Timsit J, et al. Dressing disruption is a major risk factor for catheter-related infections. Crit Care Med. 2012;40(6):1707-1714.
- Safdar N, Maki DG. The pathogenesis of catheter-related bloodstream infectionswith noncuffed short-term central venous catheters. Int Care Med. 2004; 30:62-67.
- Additional Information