Customers Also Bought
FAWSsit Portable Wheelchair Shower is available in five separate models to better meet your specific needs. The differences between the models are the sizes. Larger sized showers accommodate recliner wheelchairs and bariatric wheelchairs. There is also a shower for tall individuals. Designed for use by wheelchair patients, these portable showers can be used by anyone and are easily transportable to use while camping. These portable showers can be folded and stored after use. FAWSsit provides portable shower stalls, allowing anyone in a wheelchair to take a shower in any room! Privacy curtains on each side offer a full enclosure. The curtains are made of germicide-imbedded vinyl to help prevent mold or mildew. The durable canvass bottom protects your floor from waste water. An attached wet/dry 110V pump is plugged into a GFI outlet and removes the water to a nearby drain. This device allows individuals an inexpensive way to bathe when conventional baths or showers will not suffice. The FAWSsit showers are compact and foldable, enabling you to store them when not in use.
Manufactured by Care Giver Support Products, LLC, the wheelchair shower allows easier caregiver access and a wider shower floor area for larger wheelchairs. All that is needed is access to warm water for the shower head, an electrical outlet for the waste water pump, and a drain. These showers do not require any remodeling to your home. Remodeling can be expensive, costing up to ten times more than a FAWSsit. The shower head can be mounted on the frame or hand-held. Caregivers have the option to assist the bather without having to enter the shower enclosure. The front shower curtain may be left open or closed depending upon the assistance required by the bather. Setup is quick and easy. The sides swing open and a flexible but durable nylon-mesh imbedded vinyl drain pan drops down and attaches to the back and sides of the frame. After the person has been wheeled in to the enclosure, a support arm drops down to form the fourth support side for the drain pan. Water comes from any standard faucet to which a hose and shower head is attached. A universal adapter is also provided to help ensure connection capability. The custom-designed, UL-Tested pump can run either wet or dry and is attached to the back of the shower frame to remove the waste water. The water is removed from the drain pan at a rate faster than the faucet flowsl, and is pumped out to the sink drain. The Standard FAWSsit shower does not need to be in a bathroom, but can be in any room with a water supply within 15 feet and a drain source. FAWSsit replacement part and accessories are available at Vitality Medical
FAWSsit Portable Shower Features & Benefits
- May be used as a handicapped shower.
- Roll in and roll out shower.
- Camping shower.
- Flexible rubber faucet attachments.
- Double layer vinyl drain pan for leak protection.
- Custom designed diaphragm wet-dry pump.
- Germicide-imbedded vinyl helps prevent mold or mildew
General Product Specifications
- Product Numbers: S2000, SS4040, R3000, T4000, B5000.
- Model Options: Standard, Super Standard, Recliner, Tall, Bariatric.
- Made in USA.
- Manufacturer: Care Giver Support Products, LLC.
- Brand: FAWSsit.
Individual Model Summaries
Standard Shower Model
The Standard model accommodates individuals weighing up to 220 pounds and who do not use a footrest with their standard size wheelchair. The standard FAWSsit can be folded flat to 7 x 36 inches for easy storage or transport.
- Product Number: S2000.
- Width: 36 Inch.
- Height: 48 Inch.
- Depth: 36 Inch.
- Folded (travel of storage) Size: 7 x 36 inch.
- Weight: 28 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 220 lbs.
Super Standard Model
More spacious than the Standard 36 inch model, this wheelchair shower can also serve as a commode shower. An extra 6 inches in width and depth provide for larger wheelchairs or standard wheelchairs with footrests.
- Product Number: SS4040.
- Width: 42 Inch.
- Height: 48 Inch.
- Depth: 42 Inch.
This model is designed for oversized wheelchairs or for wheelchairs with additional depth for foot extensions or other accommodations.
- Product Number: B5000.
- Width: 46 Inch.
- Height: 44 Inch.
- Depth: 46 Inch.
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
- Maximum Wheelchair Depth: 45 Inch.
This model is adaptive to the needs of individuals who use a reclining wheelchair or a gurney. Ample room is available with this model for caregivers to assist with bathing. The R3000 Recliner has a double fold-away design that offers a full 74 inches of length. The Recliner Shower folds down flat to a 12 inch depth.
- Product Number: R3000.
- Inside Dimensions: 34 W x 78 D x 36 H Inch.
- Outside Dimensions: 36 W x 80 D x 36 H Inch.
- Weight: 44 lbs.
- Folded (travel or storage) Size: 36 W x 12 D x 36 H Inch.
This model offers 6 feet of height to accommodate the needs of taller individuals. The size fits standards wheelchairs and free-standing individuals. It is ideal for a camping shower.
- Product Number: T4000.
- Width: 36 Inch.
- Height: 72 Inch.
- Depth: 36 Inch.
Manuals and Documents
- Brochure covers the highlights for the fold away showers.
- Quick Set Up Guide details the quick and simple steps to set up the shower for use.
- Features and Benefits presents key points for these showers designed for the handicapped and for camping.
- Recliner R3000 Wheelchair Shower details for the recliner wheelchair shower.
- FAWSsit Operation & Maintenance Guide offers instructions for using this handicapped shower and for keeping it in good working order.
- Low Cost Bathing Alternatives discusses the FAWSsit Shower for handicapped and bariatric patients.
- FAWSsit Bariatric Bathing article from HME Business regarding FAWSsit Fold-Away Bariatric Wheelchair Shower B5000.
- Tested by Caregivers article from Disabled Dealer Magazine offers a testimonial of using portable showers.
- Safety and Quality is discussed for this manufacturer.
- Manufactured in the USA - What it means to be manufactured in the USA.
- How FAWSsit Showers Work? article from Disabled Dealer Magazine offers a testimonial of using portable showers.
- Ordering a Portable Shower details what your need to know about ordering a fold away shower.
FAWSsit Shower Review Video (3:39 minutes)
Fold Away Portable Shower Video (6:38 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Based on your history
When Dad did come home he was incapable of the transfers and siting upright to take a shower, caregivers and I, decided it was just to risky for Dad and the caregivers.
Thankfully, Dillan in the Returns Department of Vitality Medically made the extra effort to get the return approved by the manufacture and an RMA issued.
Thank you Vitality Medically and FAWSSIT helping to reduce my stress over a mistake on my part.