Customers Also Bought
Durafiber Ag is an absorbent, non-woven, silver-containing antimicrobial dressing composed of cellulose ethyl sulphonate fibers. The ionic silver in the dressing provides antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of common wound pathogens which may help to reduce bacterial bioburden and the risk of infection.
Durafiber Ag is designed to rapidly form a clear cool gel on contact with wound fluid. This gel absorbs excess fluid, locks exudate away from the wound, provides a moist environment to support autolytic debridement and conforms intimately to the wound bed. The high integral wet strength of Durafiber Ag facilitates easy one-piece removal from moist wound beds and cavity wounds, therefore minimizing trauma to the wound and pain to the patient on removal.
Durafiber Ag can be use in conjunction with a range of cover dressings including Allevyn - Wound Dressings and Profore - Multi-layer High Compression Bandaging System. Durafiber Ag may also be used with Opsite - Transparent Adhesive Film Dressing on lightly exuding wounds.
- Clean, one-piece removal results in minimal nursing time for dressing changes.
- Effective fluid management allows for up to 7-day wear times.
- Comfortable gel matrix with minimal shrinkage promotes optimal dressing efficiencies and uncompromised patient comfort.
- Sustained antimicrobial activity with Durafiber Ag may help reduce associated costs of infection.
Durafiber Ag Specifications
- Product Numbers: 66800570, 66800571, 66800572, 66800573, 66800574, 66801174
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!