Other Mepilex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Mepilex Ag Silver Foam Dressing can be used to heal all types of opened wounds, but mostly it is used to kill any bacteria in the wound itself. The removal of bacteria helps the skin heal faster.
For the deep wounds that need antimicrobial silver dressing, there's the Mepilex Ag Dressing. This product is embedded with bacteria-killing silver to effectively prevent infection. The product is best suited for acute or chronic seeping wounds such as venous leg ulcers or burns. Designed using a Safetac adhesive, this product adheres to the affected area comfortably and can be painlessly changed without hurting or irritating the skin. As a result, the skin around the wound stays dry, healthy and free from infection. You'll also be free from adhesive or any leftover burns that result from removal.
The Mepilex Ag Foam Dressing is a versatile and can be used on many different types of wounds. This product is especially effective for burns, pressure ulcers and leg ulcers. The anti-bacterial silver lasts up to seven days and can remain in place for the same amount of time depending on the condition of the wound. The product is not waterproof and precautions should be taken when bathing or swimming.
Product Features and Benefits
- Embedded with Silver to Fight Infections
- Bacteria-Lifting Elements Prevent Infection
- Safetac Adhesive for Safer, Cleaner Changing
- Versatile Design Ideal for Treating Burns
- Helps With Pressure Ulcers and Leg Ulcers
- Anti-Bacterial Product Lasts up to Seven Days
- Soft and Comfortable to Wear Continuously
- Stays in place for Several Days
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Length: 4, 6, or 8 inches
- Width: 4, 5, 6, 8 or 20 inches
- Color: Grey
- Sterile: Yes
- Material: Foam
- Active Ingredient: Silver
- Adhesive: Yes
- Product ID: 287090, 287100, 287200, 287300, 287400, 287500
Product Information and Documents
What Is It Used For?
Mepilex AG with Safetac Technology combines the healing antimicrobial effect of silver and a proprietary technology that is gentle on skin. Open wounds that have exudate are at risk for bacterial infection. Silver reduces the risk of infection by fighting at the cell level to kill and eliminate harmful bacteria. Safetac is ideal for wounds that are surrounded by sensitive skin and reduces the pain and trauma to the skin during dress changes. The silicone border pulls gently away from the skin and further promotes the healing of the wound, rather than prolonging it.
How Often Do You Change the Product
For best results, it should be changed at most every seven days, sooner if it is saturated with exudate.
How to Use Properly
First ensure the wound and surrounding area are clean. Double check to make sure the wound is fully covered and still has up to an inch of the dressing covering the surrounding skin. Remove half of the backing and place over the wound, removing the second half of the backing before fully covering the wound. To hold in place, use Mepitac Silicone Tape for a gentle and secure binding.
How Does This Product Work?
For the Mepilex AG Silver Dressing to be effective, it utilizes two different technologies for optimal healing. First, the silver-infused foam is able to provide anti-microbial effects on the cellular level. The impact of silver on the cell wall ruptures cells and interrupts the functions of cells, including replication, keeping the bacteria count low and reducing the risk of infection.
Secondly, the Safetac silicone surface reduces pain and wound irritation by molding to the full surface of the skin, confirming to the uneven surfaces. Most adhesives only stick to the surface, making it easier to rip when removing. Safetac also forms a more complete seal around the wound. This prevents wounds from leaking fluid and causing breakdown of the skin. This also reduces any tearing of the skin upon removal.
Product Warnings & Precautions
- Be sure to follow proper instructions and directions from a medical professional
- Not for use on those with a sensitivity to silver
- Remove before x-rays, MRI scans, ultrasounds or other radiation treatments
- Not intended for extended use
- Remove before electrotherapy treatments, such as TENS units, or electrocardiograms
- Not for internal use
- Intended for single use to reduce cross-contamination and deterioration of product quality
- Do not use if inner contents are defaced and sterility is compromised. Do not re-sterilize
- Properties of the product are not ensured after expiration date has passed.
- May cause discoloration of skin and/or wound
- Does not replace need for infection treatment or systemic therapy
- Do not mix with other topical treatments or cleansing products.
It can be used under compression or for infected wounds under the direction of a medical professional. It is designed for wounds with medium amounts of exudate such as pressure ulcers, leg or foot ulcers or moderate burns.
Product Informational How To Videos
Application Instructions (0:28 minutes)
- Additional Information