Customers Also Bought
The Drive Med-Aire PLUS Bariatric Alternating Pressure Low Air Loss Mattress System is 45 inches wide (Drive 14030), designed to support bariatric patients up to 600 pounds. The mattress system comes with a digital control unit and compressor to inflate the mattress air cells to provide alternating pressure for the prevention, treatment, and management of pressure ulcers.
The mattress is made up of 20 air cells that are 10-inch deep. They are joined for cell-on-cell design to prevent a patient from bottoming out and provide support up to 24 hours in the occurrence of a power outage. The control unit offers audio and visual alarms to alert caregivers when air pressure dips. The Med-Aire PLUS digital control offers four different cycle times with adjustable weight settings to ensure proper immersion for each patient. It also comes with Auto-Firm, Seat Inflate and more to assist caregivers when the patient is transferred.
A removable cover comes with the system. It's made of nylon to be fluid resistant and low shear to be extra gentle and protect from friction and moisture against fragile skin. The cover is also quilted to be soft.
The Med-Air Plus Bariatric Alternating Pressure Mattress by Drive Medical also comes in a width of 60 Inches for those that need extra room.
How to Install
- Place Mattress Flat on Bed Frame so Inflation Tubes Are at Bed Foot
- Cover Mattress with a Sheet, Manufacturer Recommends Cotton
- Hang Control Unit on Foot Board of Bed
- Connect Inflation Tubes to Control Unit
- Ensure Tubes are Not Kinked Before Starting
- Plug the Power Cord into a Proper Receptacle
- Turn on Power by Pressing Switch at Right Side of Unit
How to Operate
- Turn Power On, A Beep Will Sound and Power Switch Will Turn Green
- Unit will Automatically Start in STATIC Mode
- Once Pressure has Reached Appropriate Level, Device Will Switch to Previous Mode Before Shutdown
- Press "STATIC/ALTERNATING" to Set Mattress to ALTERNATING PRESSOR Mode
- Manufacturer Recommends Setting Unit to ALTERNATING PRESSURE Mode
- Set Weight of Patient with "+" and "-" Buttons
How to Clean
The manufacturer recommends washing the mattress cover and system at least once a week. To clean, wipe down unit and cover with a damp towel and mild detergent. Allow to airdry but keep out of direct sunlight. The top cover washed on cold in a washing machine but should be air-dried. The manufacturer recommends keeping this bed away from dust or from where dust accumulates.
How to Maintain
- Check Power Cord Regularly for Any Signs of Damage
- Check the Cover for Signs of Damage Regularly
- Check the Tubes Regularly for For Proper Connection
- Store Mattress Flat and Upside Down
- Manufacturer Does Not Recommend Folding Mattress
- Roll Up from Foot End for Storage
Features and Benefits
- Durable to Accommodate Bariatric Patients
- Offers Alternating Pressure to Prevent Pressure Sores
- Air Cells are Replaced Individually
- Control Offers Four Cycle Times to Customize to Each Patient
- Removable Cover to Wash
- Low Shear Cover
- Advanced Care Giver Features such as Auto-Firm or Seat Inflate for Patient Transfers
- EZ Lock/Quick Release Tubing Design
- Audible and visual Alarms to Notify Caregiver of Pressure Issues
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Brand: Med-Aire
- Product Numbers: 14030 (System), 14030-CELL (Replacement Air Cells), 14030XP (Replacement Pump)
- Product Width: 45 Inches
- Product Length: 80 Inches
- Product Height: 10 Inches
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- Cover Material: Nylon
- Application: Treatment and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers
- Pump Type: Compressor
- Pump Airflow: 10, 15, 20 25 Minutes
- Control Unit Airflow: 12 LPM
- No. of Air Cells: 20
- Unit Alarms: Visual/Audible
- Warranty: 18 Month Limited
- HCPCS Code: E0277
Manuals and Documents
- Owner's Manualcontains care and use instructions.
- Catalog Page contains product information.
Notice: For the health and safety of our customers we cannot accept a return on a mattress once it has been used.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 Business Days
Notice to California residents: Per California law SB 254, if we are delivering a mattress to a California address, you may contact us at the time of order if you'd like to arrange a free pick-up of your old mattress. - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.