Customers Also Bought
Overview: When to Use the IceMan
The DJO DonJoy IceMan Clear3 Cold Therapy Unit simplifies and speeds up rehabilitation and recovery following hip, knee, or shoulder surgery. The Clear Cube Cooler connects with ergonomic wraps to deliver targeted cold therapy to reduce pain and swelling for tissue repair to begin.
The IceMan provides extended cold therapy over the entire joint without continually replacing cold packs that don't stay cold and often don't completely cover the affected area. Setting up and refilling the DonJoy IceMan Clear Cube is a breeze, and with a see-through clear cooler, the ice level is always in view to know when it's time to refill.
IceMan Recirculation Technology Advantage
The IceMan Clear 3 features dual pump recirculation technology that ensures the water consistently flows and remixed with the cooler's ice water. This eliminates warm water within the pad for evenly distributed cold water throughout the pad. The hose won't restrict flow for another level of consistent cold therapy along the entire joint.
Features and Benefits
- Clear Cooler Design for Easy Refill Indication
- Lightweight and Portable to Refill without Strain
- AC Plug Operation
- Compact Design for Easy Storage
- Hose Stirrup Keeps Hose in Place
- Easy Snap Connection from Cooler Hose to Cold Pad Hose
- Consistent Cold Water Distribution
- Wrap Options to Comfortably Mold to the Joint
Cold/Wrap-On Pad Options
DonJoy Cold and Wrap-On Pads are compatible with the IceMan Clear3 and CLASSIC3 ice machine. The pads are structured to mold to specific joints such as the ankle, knee, and shoulder, or choose the universal wrap to reduce the number of pads needed when nursing several injuries. The most popular wrap in the IceMan line is the DonJoy IceMan Clear 3 Shoulder Pad (11-1635).
- Wrap-On Pads - have a dark grey non-sterile pad with engageable hook material. This allows the stretchable wrap to attach to the pad once secured around the affected joint. Choose from regular 6-1/2 and extended 15-inch hose.
- Universal Cold Pad - is light grey with sterile and non-sterile options. Choose a regular 6-1/2 hose or the extended 15-inch hose.
- Universal Wrap-On & Cold Pad: 10.85 x 11.34 Inches
- Shoulder Wrap-On Pad: 12.75 x 19 x 12.25 Inches
- McGuire Knee Wrap-On Pad: 10.85 x 11.34 Inches
- Ankle Wrap-On Pad: N/A
- Manufacturer: DJO Global
- Brand: DonJoy IceMan
- Application: Cold Therapy
- Warranty: 6 Months (Unit and Accessories)
- Regular Hose Length: 6-1/2 Inches
- Extended Hose Length: 15 Inches
- Single-Use Only
- Product Number: 11-0493 (Cooler Only), 11-1629, 11-1630, 11-1631, 11-1633, 11-1635, 11-1636, 11-1638
- Patients with Raynaud's Phenomenon or Vasospastic Conditions
- Buerger's Disease
- Cold Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria/COld Agglutinin Disorders
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Warnings & Precautions
- Do not use the device longer than what is recommended by the doctor or physical therapist.
- Do not place the cold wrap directly onto the skin. The patient is required to check the skin underneath the cold pad every hour.
- The device is for single-patient use only and sharing may cause injury or infection.
- Ensure the hose connection or it may leak.
- Do not plug in the device with wet hands or place the cooler in a wet location or it may result in electrical shock.
- Keep all parts including hose, packing material, and cord away from children and animals.
How to Use IceMan Clear3
- Remove the lid to the cooler and add ice to the fill line indicator.
- Add cold water to the fill line.
- Put the lid back onto the cooler with the lip inserts placed in the groove.
- Connect the IceMan hose to the pad hose. There will be an audible click to ensure a proper connection.
- Insert the AC power supply located on the back of the device and plug it into the wall outlet.
- Apply the pad to the joint with a barrier in between so that the pad doesn't touch the skin directly.
- Unplug the unit to turn machine off after therapy session.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you clean the IceMan Clear 3?
Unplug the unit from the wall outlet. Disconnect the pad from the hose. Dump out the water and ice and wipe dry. Wraps can be spot cleaned with mild soap and water.
How long do you use the IceMan machine after knee surgery?
Use the machine in 20-minute intervals for approximately two weeks.
How do you drain the DonJoy IceMan Wraps?
To drain the water inside the wrap, press the buttons located at the end of the hose and hang upside down.
Manuals and Documents