Customers Also Bought
Detecto 439 Physician Eye-Beam Scale, manufactured by Detecto, is a heavy-duty Eye-level Scale. Set at an affordable price, They set the bar in the clinical scale industry with the development of the Detecto 439. They manufacture Mechanical Beam Scales, in the United States, with long-lasting and durable steel. The Beam Scale comes with or without a height rod, wheels for easy transport, and handposts. You may also choose your Detecto 439 scale in either English or Metric measurements.
Physician Beam Scales make recording weight easy. The weight beam is viewable from either side of the scale. The Detecto 439 Beam Scale is made of steel for durability and goes above and beyond expectations by creating this affordable, yet incredibly durable and adaptable physician scale.
Which Detecto Weigh Beam Eye-Level Scale is Right for Me?
These Detecto eye-level scales come in numerous customizable options. Scan the list below to find the Detecto scale that best fits your needs.
- Detecto 337: The Detecto 337 is a standard, no frills scale that weighs in both pounds and kilograms.
- Detecto 338: The Detecto 338 weighs in both pounds and kilograms and includes both a height rod and wheels.
- Detecto 339: The Detecto 339 weighs in both pounds and kilograms and includes just a height rod.
- Detecto 349: The Detecto 349 weighs in both pounds and kilograms and includes both a height rod and a handpost.
- Detecto 437: The Detecto 437 is a standard, no frills scale that weighs in just pounds.
- Detecto 438: The Detecto 438 weighs in just pounds includes both a height rod and wheels.
- Detecto 439: The Detecto 439 weighs in just pounds includes just a height rod.
- Detecto 439S: The Detecto 439 is constructed with a sturdy, quality stainless steel. This scale weighs in just pounds includes a height rod.
- Detecto 448: The Detecto 448 weighs in just pounds and includes a height rod, a handpost, and wheels.
- Detecto 449: The Detecto 449 weighs in just pounds and includes a height rod and a handpost.
- Detecto 2371: The Detecto 2371 is a standard, no frills scale that weighs in just kilograms.
- Detecto 2381: The Detecto 2381 weighs in just kilograms and includes both a height rod and wheels.
- Detecto 2391: The Detecto 2391 weighs in just kilograms includes just a height rod.
- Detecto 2491: The Detecto 2491 weighs in just kilograms includes both a height rod and a handpost.
How to Operate the Heigh Rod
- Ensure that the scale's spoon is raised above the patient's height in a horizontal position.
- Ask the patient to step onto the platform.
- Keep the spoon horizontal and lower it until it rests atop the patient's head. Push the latch to the right while simultaneously pushing down the spoon if the patient is shorter than 3'4". Do this until the spoon rests on top of the patients head (horizontally).
- Read the patient's height. If the spoon's back points the the outer height rod: The spoon is pointing to the correct height. If the spoon's back points to the inner height rod: The height can be read correctly by reading the top of the outer height rod. Find the outer height rod's "Read" arrow.
- Hold the spoon horizontally; then raise the spoon above the patient's head and hold.
- Ask the patient to step off the platform.
- Once the patient has stepped off the scale, rotate the spoon back into its original vertical position; then adjust the height rod back into its original resting position.
Features and Benefits
- Mechanical Beam Scale
- Eye-Level Scale
- Die Cast Weighbeam Can Be Read from Either Side
- Available in English or Metric Measurements
- Competitive Pricing
- Handrails Available
- Height Rod Available
- Wheels Available
- Readable Beam from Either Side
- Sturdy Steel Construction
- Electrostatic Powder Paint Finish
- Manufacturer: Detecto
- Product Numbers: 439, 437, 337, 339, 2371, 2391, 438, 2381, 338, 449, 2491, 349, 448
- Application: Measures Weight and Height
- Platform Width: 10.5 Inch
- Platform Depth: 14.5 Inch
- Scale Height: 59 Inch
- Height Rod: 30 - 78 Inches
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs, 180 kg
- Scale Material: Steel
- Weigh Beam Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Finish: Electrostatic Powder Paint Finish
- Warranty: 1-Year (Limited)
Replacement Parts displays a schematic and parts list with part numbers.
Detecto Physician Scale Demonstration (2:29 Minutes)
Detecto was a name that is signified quality since 1900, and with over 110 years’ worth of craftsmanship, it's no wonder detective skills have become the clinical industry standard. Patients have come to expect to see a Detecto weigh beam physician scale when they step into a doctor's office. Detecto's eye-level physician scales are manufactured entirely in the USA, in Webb City, Missouri. They feature the medical field’s most reliable weigh beam system, as well as, additional features such as height rods, hand post and wheels. Heavy-duty solid stable bases constructed from mild steel coated in electrostatic powder finish, bring a level a quality that is built to last, Detecto's innovatively designed physician scales feature die-cast aluminum on black insert weigh beams that are readable from either side making measure was simple inconvenient; pounds, kilograms or a combination of both are all available on the easy to read beams. With a capacity of 400 pounds, 180 kilograms, that may be increased to 500 pounds or 220 kilograms with the inclusion oven optional counterweight. These scales can suit the needs of most physicians. The operation of Detecto's eye-level physician scale is incredibly easy. First, slide the larger poise on the bottom to the approximate target weight. Then, slide the smaller poise on the top until the weigh beam balances. The combination shown by each indicator is the total of the weight on the scale. The height rod is capable of measurements between 30 to 78 inches, and 176 to 200 centimeters, and easily read at a glance. Measuring height is quick and easy. Simply extend the height rod on the front of the column up in the spoon out to the top of the patients head and then read the measurement along the front of the rod. With two rear wheels and weighing in at less than 36 pounds, this scale is mobile enough for transport to various patient rooms. A handpost with padded rubber grips is included on some models as an important asset elderly or feeble patience providing great stability, comfortable assistance, and aiding in accurate weighing. Detecto's eye-level physician scales are the clinical industry standard around the world. Detecto - building a better way since 1900.
Detecto 439 Physician Mechanical Beam Scale Assembly and Setup Video (3:32 Minutes)
Detecto's American-made weigh beam physician scales are a breeze to set up. They're completely 100 percent assemble and calibrated before leaving Detecto's factory in Webb City, Missouri and only require minimal setup time upon delivery. This video will walk you through the assembly of the Detecto eye-level physician scale. When unpacking the box you should have the column with weigh beam, the platform base, and a small hardware kit containing a wrench, six crews, and six washers. Models might also include some or all of the following: a height measuring rod, a set of wheels, and a hand post. Carefully remove the scale from the shipping carton and inspect it for any damage that could have occurred during shipment. Keep the carton packing material for return shipment should it become necessary. The purchaser is responsible for filing all claims for any damages or loss incurred during shipment. After unpacking, set aside your packing materials and start with the platform base. Flip it over and remove all the cardboard and the hardware kit from the bottom of the scale. Set the base right side up and attach the column to the bracket on the base holding it straight so that the draft rod enters the opening in the bracket. Ensuring that the draft rod goes through the opening is very important. Attach the column to the base with the screws and washers that were found in the hardware kit. The next part of the process is critical to the weighing functionality of the scale. Lay the scale down with the column parallel to the floor or tabletop. On the bottom of the scale, where the base column are joined, raise the draft rod and attach the hooked end into the pivot on the platform's lever. The draft rod connects the way beam to the scale and transfers pressure when weight is on the scale up the column to the beam for measurement. Your scale may have some additional features and require further assembly. If your scale comes with a height rod, it can be attached by simply hanging it onto the silver screws on the front of the column and snapping it into place. If necessary, you can use the included wrench to tighten the screws. If your scale comes with the wheel package, place the wheel bracket onto the back to the column where was joined to the base earlier in the assembly process. You will have to remove the two lower screws on the rear the column. Align the lower screw holes in the column with those in the bracket. Replace screws and attach firmly to the base. If your scale comes with a hand post, remove the 4 bolts from the top of the platform and set them aside. Place the hand post onto the platform, align the holes, and replace the bolts. Secure the hand post to the platform by tightening the bolt using the included wrench. Now that the scales fully assembled, it must be balanced prior to operation. To zero the scale, move both the small and large poises to zero. Next, turn the ballot screw located on the outside of the weigh beam until the scale balances. Your scales accuracy is dependent upon this step. For the most accurate measurement, always place the scale a hard level surface. Detecto - it's the name that means scales in the health care industry.
- Additional Information