Cutimed Sorbact Gel is a hydrogel wound dressing. It is indicated for dry wounds, low exuding wounds, and sloughy wounds such as venous, diabetic, and pressure ulcers. This dressing is also ideal for traumatic wounds, postoperative wounds, and more. The gel creates a moist environment for the wound that is optimal for effective healing. A moist wound environment helps promote autolytic debridement, or the body's natural process of liquefying dead cells for removal, to improve healing.
Also, the hydrogel coated fibers of the dressing inactivate and bind bacteria and fungi in the wound area. By binding bacteria and fungi, they are removed from the wound instead of killing them like other kinds of dressings. This design aims to keep the cell wall intact for improved natural healing as well as improved prevention of infection in the long-term. In addition, the Sorbact gel does not use a chemically active agent to get the job done.
Cutimed Sorbact Gel Features and Benefits
- No Chemically Active Agent
- Binds Bacteria and Fungi Instead of Killing Them
- Maintaining the Cell Wall Improves Healing and Long-Term Prevention of Infection
- Creates Moist Environment for Improved Healing
- Promotes Autolytic Debridement
- Product Number: 7261100, 7261101
- Length: 3 x 3, 3 x 6 Inch
- HCPCS: A6231 (7261100), A6232 (7261101)
- Brand: Cutimed
- Sterile: Yes
- Manufacturer: BSN Medical
Cutimed® Sorbact® Overview with DACC Technology Video (8:22 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer BSN Medical
- Manuals & Documents
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!