CoughAssist CA-3000 is an insufflator and exsufflator cough machine, formerly known as the Emerson Cough Assist. Later the Cough Assist was made by Philips Respironics. Recently, this cough assist machine has been replaced by the new Respironics T70. Although the CA-3000 is no longer manufactured, there are many factory refurbished units currently available at a fraction of the cost of the new version. The CA 3000 CoughAssist is highly respected as a respiratory therapy machine and is still used by many hospitals, clinics and by homecare.
Philips Respironics CA3000 Cough Assist provides noninvasive respiratory therapy that safely removes secretions from the airway passages. The Cough Assist provides positive pressure to the airway and then abruptly switches to negative pressure to loosen mucous. This positive to negative pressure simulates coughing to free secretions from the lungs and airway passages. The cough therapy provided by the Respironics CA 3000 offers a safe, non-invasive alternative to suctioning. Healthcare professionals use cough assist devices to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections. This cough machine is flexible to be used with an oxygen mask, mouthpiece or an adapter to an endotracheal or trach tube.
Philips Respironics Cough Assist CA3000 Features & Benefits
- Mechanical insufflator-exsufflator effectively clears broncho-pulmonary secretions.
- Helps to remove secretions that obstruct breathing.
- Approved for home use for both adults and children.
- Easy to operate.
- Safe and noninvasive respiratory therapy.
- Product Number: CA-3000.
- Dimensions: 11 W x 11.5 H x 16.5 D Inch.
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Maximum Positive Pressure: 60 cm H2O (44 mm Hg)
- Maximum Negative Pressure: 60 cm H2O (44 mm Hg)
- Maximum Inhalation Flow: 3.3 liters/second with inhale flow set to minimum; if set to maximum inhalation, the flow is the same as the exhalation flow.
- Maximum Exhalation Flow Capacity: 10 liters/second; actual flow depends on maximum pressure and on airway resistance.
- Pressure Gauge: -70 to 0 to +70 cm H.
- Mode of Operation: Automatic and Manual Timing.
- Standards: UL STD 2601-1, certified to CAN/CSA – STD C22.2 No. 601.1M90.
- Manufacturer: Philips Respironics, formerly Emerson.
- Brand: CoughAssist.
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!