Customers Also Bought
The Convatec CarboFLEX Odor Control Dressing is applied as a primary or secondary dressing to control malodorous wounds. Its five-layer construction effectively absorbs wound exudate, creates a moist wound interface, and above all, it absorbs and traps unpleasant smells. From malodorous acute to chronic wound types, this dressing's odor control charcoal material minimizes the smell of wounds while it heals. Infected wounds may also the dressing in conjunction with antibiotic therapy and should be monitored frequently.
What Causes Unpleasant Smelling Wounds
Malodorous wounds indicate bacterial colonization and/or necrotic tissue is present. The breakdown of tissue releases gas compounds which cause the unpleasant smell. 1 CarboFLEX non-adherent dressing is designed to mitigate smells. Its advanced double-knit layer contains activated charcoal with the job of absorbing unpleasant smelling molecules. The Alginate Hydrofiber layer quickly takes in exudate and turns to a soft gel. The adjacent layer containing the activated carbon molecules grabs the gas compounds and traps it into the dressing.
How do you use CarboFLEX Gauze Dressing
Use CarboFLEX as a primary dressing for shallow wounds or on deeper wounds as a secondary dressing. Deeper wounds may require a cavity filler and then apply CarboFLEX. Wounds with very large amounts of wound exudate, apply Aquacel Hydrofiber Dressing as the primary, and then pair with CarboFLEX as a secondary dressing.
How do you Apply and Remove
Carefully cleanse the wound using sterile saline and then pat dry the surrounding peri-wound.
Select the size of CarboFlex Dressing that's large enough to overlap the edges of the wound by an inch. Make sure to apply the fibrous non-shiny side down over the wound. Secure with medical adhesive tape or with a bandage.
- An infected wound should be inspected frequently. Change the dressing if there is visible strick through from exudate or odor is no longer being absorbed.
- Non-infected wounds may be left undisturbed for up to three days.
- Carefully lift the dressing at the corner and gently remove i.
- 4 x 4 Inch - (ConvaTec 403202)
- 3 x 6 Inch - (ConvaTec 403203)
- 6 x 8 Inch - (ConvaTec 403204)
Features and Benefits
- Charcoal Controls Unpleasant Smells
- Packaged Sterile
- Gentle, Non-Adhesive
- Five Layer Design
- Manufacturer: ConvaTec
- Product Number: 403202, 403203, 403204
- Sizes: 4 x 4, 3 x 6, 6 x 8 Inch
- Odor Reducing Agent: Activated Charcoal
- Application: Hydrofiber Dressing
- Color: White
- Material: Hydrofiber/Charcoal
- Shape: Rectangle/Square
- Sterility: Sterile
- Shelf-Life: 3 Years
- Chronic wounds: all ulcer types including leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, and fungating wounds and lesions
- Acute wounds: lacerations and post-surgical wounds
- Do not use if there is a sensitivity to charcoal or any of its components.
- Packaged sterile. If the packaging is damaged in any way, do not use it.
- Do NOT cut the dressing or it will release the charcoal.
- Depending on the wound type, monitor frequently.
Manuals and Documents