Other Monoject product(s)
Customers Also Bought
The Cardinal Health Monoject Smart Tip Vial Access is a unique tool created out of the dilemma of coring that happens when a needle, instead of separating the vial and creating a resealable entry into the vial, creates a hollow entry - one that tears away at the rubber stopper and slowly chips away at it; creating a hollowed entry over time instead of a resealed entry.
The Monoject Smart Tip Vial Access Cannula is made to work with rubber stoppers usually found on the majority of medication vial containers. It is used to produce a better, saleable, entry into the vial. This procedure helps in drawing from the medication safely kept inside without boring a hole in the rubber stopper, causing a clog in the needle or worse - having pieces of rubber injected into the patient.
Little rubber pieces can get stuck inside needles when the penetration is made through the rubber stopper. To reduce this risk, the vial is specially designed to allow the rubber stopper to seal back up instead of tearing away at the stopper in a manner that damages it greatly and which can allow bacteria and contamination to occur as well as leaks of medication. The uniquely designed tip separates and does not require the use of a needle, the vial access tip it can be connected to a syringe for retrieval. The Monoject Needleless Vial Access Combination includes a fluorescent orange cap to quickly distinguish the tip as a vial access SmarTip device.
Blunt cannulas like the Monoject Blunt Cannula are also available as an option if you find that it may serve your needs better.
Product Features and Benefits
- Specifically Designed to Access Rubber Stopper Medication Vials
- Reduce the Risk of a Percutaneous Tear
- The Tip Separates Instead of Tears
- Florescent Orange Color Helps to Distinguish SmarTip as a Vial Access Device
- Easier Access to Medication in a Vial without Having to Manipulate Cannula
- Reduces Chance of Coring and Particulate Matter Generation
- Plastic Cannula Eliminates Confusion and Misuse as a Hypodermic Needle
- Manufacturer: Cardinal Health
- Product SKU: 8881540111, 8881540166
- Application: Cannula with Syringe
- Cannula Material: Plastic
- Color Code: Orange
- Hub Material: Plastic
- Syringe Material: Plastic
- Type: Med Prep
- Additional Information