Customers Also Bought
Who Uses This Product? Medical professionals and facilities that use ultrasounds as prenatal care or a means of diagnosis and need a hypoallergenic ultrasound gel.
Why They Love This Product: The jelly is hypoallergenic and doesn't contain any dyes, fragrances, or artificial colors. It is acoustically correct for a wide range of frequencies so it can be used for any topical procedure.
Aquasonic Clear Hypoallergenic Bacteriostatic Ultrasound Gel Overview
Aquasonic Clear Hypoallergenic Ultrasound Gel is a non-irritating formula used in medical ultrasound procedures. It is water-soluble and does not stain clothing, making it easy to clean up once the procedure is finished. The hypoallergenic jelly contains no artificial fragrances or colors. It is not a spermicide and will not disrupt the chances of pregnancy.
Features and Benefits
- Acoustically Compatible With a Wide Range of Frequencies
- Free of Fragrances and Dyes
- Bacteriostatic Formula Inhibits Bacterial Growth
- Contains No Formaldehyde
- Not a Spermicide
Perfect for Sensitive Skin
The Aquasonic Clear Ultrasound Gel is free of fragrances and dyes that may trigger an allergic reaction. It is also made without salt or formaldehyde. The jelly is hypoallergenic and won't irritate sensitive skin or trigger reactions in the patient or the medical professional.
What Is ultrasound gel Used For?
Ultrasound Gel can be used with handheld dopplers, antepartum monitors, lasers, and medical ultrasound equipment. It is meant to be used on intact or unbroken skin, and is indicated for use in the following scenarios:
- Environments where cross-contamination is a concern.
- Patients with immunodeficiency
- Patients on immunosuppressive therapy
- Critically ill pediatric patients
- Patients in Contact Transmission-Based Precautions
- Patients in Airborne Transmission-Based Precautions
- On Patients in Droplet Transmission-Based Precautions
Aquasonic is not meant to be used for:
- Invasive procedures
- Biopsy or other surgical procedures
- Any procedure near broken skin, such as surgical sites or open wounds
- Esophageal procedures
- MonoPropylene Glycol
- Deionized water
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does ultrasound jel do?
It is used to reduce the air between the patient and the transducer to reduce acoustic impedance. By using ultrasound jel, a clearer image can be produced.
How should the gel be stored?
The clear jelly should be stored in a cool and dry place out of direct sunlight.
Is the Aquasonic Gel water-based?
No. It is water-soluble.
How can Aquasonic Clear Gel be removed from skin?
With a dry paper towel or a damp soft cloth.
What is the difference between Aquasonic 100 Ultrasound Gel and Aquasonic Clear Gel?
Aquasonic Clear has no fragrances, dyes, salt, or formaldehyde in the formula. It is designed for those who may be hypersensitive or have allergic reactions to Aquasonic 100.
How should the refillable containers be refilled?
Make sure the original jel is gone. Do not top off. If the container is cracked or broken at any point, dispose.
- Aquasonic 100 Ultrasound Gel is similar to Aquasonic transparent jel but is not considered hypoallergenic.
- Nitri One Nitrile Exam Gloves provide a sterile barrier between patient and medical professional during an exam.
- The Huntleigh Fetal Dopplex Handheld Doppler System FD2 is a handheld baby heartbeat rate display Doppler featuring high-sensitivity interchangeable probes.
- Manufacturer: Parker Laboratories
- Product Numbers: 03-08, 03-50, 03-54
- Volume: 8.5 Ounces or 5 Liters
- Color: Clear
- Scent: Scentless
- Spermicide: No
- Latex Indicator: Latex-Free
Manuals and Documents
- Safety Data Sheet contains product safety information.
- Product Instructions contains instructions for use.
Aquasonic CLEAR Gel Video (0:47 minutes)
- Additional Information