Medihoney Hydrocolloid Dressings are manufactured by Derma Sciences for treating lightly draining pressure ulcers, skin tears, and to cover or fill a partial to full thickness wound. Two versions of the Medihoney Hydrocolloid Dressings are available—Medihoney Adhesive Dressing designed for pressure ulcers and skin tears and the Medihoney Non-Adhesive Dressing designed for covering or filling a partial to full thickness wound. Both versions absorb light to moderate amounts of exudates. The honeycolloid pad will form a gel as it warms up from body temperature and as it comes into contact with wound fluid.
Medihoney is honey derived from the pollen and nectar of a specific Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. Leptospermum is unique among all types of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness as a Wound Dressing even in the presence of wound fluid. Leptospermum is the only species of honey that has been shown in randomized controlled studies to help wounds that have stalled under first-line treatment to progress towards healing. Other Derma Sciences Medihoney products include Medihoney Calcium Alginate Dressings, Medihoney Gel and Medihoney Hydrogel Dressings.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Dressings Features & Benefits
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower overall wound pH.
- Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing.
- Non-toxic, natural, and safe.
- Easy-to-use, with the potential for extended wear times (depending on level of exudate).
- Effective for treating diabetic ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns, donor sites, traumatic wounds, and surgical wounds.
- Effective in all stages of wound healing.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Dressings Specifications
- Product Numbers: 31222, 31245, 31422, 31445
- Hydrocolloid Dressing Versions: Adhesive Dressing & Non-Adhesive Dressing.
- Size Options: 2 x 2 Inch & 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 Inch.
- Active Leptospermum Honey Content: 80%.
- HCPCS code: A6234, A6235, A6237 & A6238.
Derma Sciences Medihoney Osmotic Activity and pH Modulation
Derma Sciences Medihoney Review (1:03 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!