Medihoney Wound Paste is a Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing used for wounds that have stalled in the healing process and for Burn Dressings. Manufactured by Derma Sciences, Medihoney dressings contain 95% active Leptospermum Honey, which has been shown to have several properties which assist in promoting an optimal healing environment for chronic wounds and burns that have not progressed with basic, first line treatments. Through their high osmolarity, Medihoney Hydrocolloid Wound Paste helps to cleanse the wound and remove devitalized tissue. Medihoney Hydrocolloid Wound Paste is also called Medihoney Cream, Medihoney Gel, Medihoney Ointment and Medi Honey Wound Honey. Medihoney Paste is designed to manage varying degrees of exudates.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Wound Paste Gel Ointment Features & Benefits
- Medihoney Hydrocolloid Wound Paste repairs rough, dry skin in problem areas like elbows, knees and heels.
- Strengthens skins moisture barrier for soft, smooth skin.
- Helps to lower overall wound pH.
- Medi Honey Cleanses and Debrides.
- Medihoney hydrocolloid wound fill paste provides a moist, occlusive environment conducive to optimal wound healing.
- As wound exudates are absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, making wound dressings easy to remove without disrupting the wound bed.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Wound Paste Gel Cream Specifications
- Medi Honey is manufactured by Derma Sciences.
- Antibacterial Honey.
- Hydrocolloid Gel Paste.
- All natural and non-toxic honey.
- Size Options: 1-1/2 ounce and 3-1/2 ounce.
- Free of pesticides and antibiotics.
- HCPCS code: A6240
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences Sub Brand N/A Ships Free No On Sale No
Top Rated Customer Reviews - See All Reviews
- very good
Ordering was easy. Great tracking of order. Highly satisfied. I will order again if the need arises.
- Good product
beginning to see some healing on the wound....
If anyone has a wound that won't heal, try this product. We are using it to treat 9-year old "road rash" wounds on my husband's legs. Nothing else the doctors tried came close to working. The angry redness is now gone, and there is viable tissue and skin coming back again.
- Product really works
Cost more to ship the stuff than the product itself. Gees!
- Healed a small wound that wouldn't heal for well over a year!
My client had a small wound on her R buttock at the bony prominence. It had been there for well over a year. Many different products were tried. It started to get some depth. A doctor suggested Medihoney. After about a month, the wound was the size of a pin head. After two months, even smaller. It is a FABULOUS product.