Other Kangaroo Joey product(s)
Kangaroo Joey Pump is a simple-to-use precision enteral feed pump. It provides patients with either continuous or intermittent nutrients in a completely portable device. When used with ePump Feed and Flush Sets, the Kangaroo Joey Feeding Pump provides automatic flushing capability. It is the smallest Kangaroo pump ever, and uses volumetric delivery for precise accuracy. The Kangaroo Joey Pump also has an over infusion safeguard and retains all rate and volume settings until you clear the settings. This patient care device is very durable and shock resistant while simultaneously making it quieter and splash resistant. It also has a high waterproof rating for easy cleaning between uses. It is the first hydrating and ambulatory enteral device currently available on the market.
Kangaroo Joey Pump Features and Benefits
- Designed with a touch pad interface for quick and easy programming.
- Lock-Out Feature prevents the settings from being purposely or accidentally changed.
- Anti-free flow.
- Small size
- Provides for either feed only or feed and flush programming.
- The smart pump technology automatically recognizes the type of feed set that is loaded.
- As the only ambulatory flush pump available, this unit will operate right side up, upside down or oriented in any direction.
- Can deliver very small amounts of fluid while not active when the "Keep Tube Open" feature is active; this feature allows the patient to receive a medication and then not have to remember to turn the pump on later.
- Bolus Max that allows a dose of up to 1,000 mL to be delivered at a rate of 999 mL/hr.
- Product Number: 383400.
- Battery Life: 18 hours.
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Weight with Pole Clamp: 2.3 lbs,
- Feed Rate: 1-400 in 1 mL increments.
- Flush Volume: 10-500 in 1 mL increments.
- Flush Interval: 1-24 in 1 hr intervals.
- Memory: 72 hours.
- Tubing Length: 9".
- Multilingual Capabilities: 15 languages.
- Phthalate free.
- Manufacturer: Medtronics.
Instructional Video: How to Set Up Your Device (1:28 minutes)
The first step of basic pump operation is to prepare and load your feeding set. To prepare your set, simply fill the bag or spike per your standard procedure. In order to achieve proper accuracy, the initial fluid line in the feeding set container must be six inches above to top of the pump. Once your feeding set is ready, press the power button on the lower right of the front panel to power up the pump. You have the option to either keep your previous settings or clear settings. The “Keep Settings” option will allow you to keep your previously programmed settings. The “Clear Settings” option will clear your previous settings and the volume feed from the previous feeding. Next, open the blue door to the feeding set loading area. Grasp the thumb tab on your set and insert the tab directly into the left pocket of the loading set area. Press down firmly on the thumb tab and align with the white line to ensure it is seated. Grasp the black ring retainer and gently wrap the tubing counter-clockwise around the rotor. Carefully pull the black retainer end upward to position it over the slot on the right, and then lower the retainer into the slot. Use caution not to overstretch the tubing. Close the blue door to the feeding set loading area.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Covidien Sub Brand Kangaroo Joey Latex Free Contains Latex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsMy son usues a Kangaroo Joey . I plan to buy a spare battery. For extended power outages I use a generator but would not directly power the Joey pump because it is sensitive and generator power is dirty so to speak. I plan to use a 300 watt pure sine inverter , deep cycle battery hooked to a battery charger powered by a generator. Does anyone have a better idea or suggestions ?
Question by: John on Dec 17, 2015 1:03:02 PMNo answers yet. Be the first to answer the question!
So no need to purchase one as I did, wind up sending it back with a 20% restocking fee and return shipping. So word of warning, the clamp does come with it.