Fibracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing with Alginate by Johnson and Johnson is a soft, conformable wound dressing composed of 90% collagen and 10% calcium alginate. It is favored by clinicians for use with debridement, absorption, odor, wound irritation, and for its ease of use.
This collagen wound dressing has added versatility, with a unique combination of collagen and alginate that is able to address a wide range of wound types and different exudate levels. This combination also creates a moist wound environment conducive to granulation tissue formation, which enables a rapid rate of healing. It also ehances the hemostatic properties of the dressing.
The wound dressing is twice as absorbent as traditional Fibrocal Collagen-Alginate Dressing. It is nonadherent and so removes easily, leaving the wound free of fiber.
The soft and conformable sheet of collagen wound dressing can be cut to fit any size wound. It also maintains its initial integrity when wet.
The collagen wound dressing is for low and high exudating wounds, including:
- full and partial thickness wounds
- pressure ulcers
- leg ulcers of multiple etiologies
- diabetic ulcers
- second-degree burns
- donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds
- traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- dehisced surgical incisions
Fibracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing with Alginate by Johnson and Johnson is also availabe in rope, which can be packed in deep wounds. It is packaged for convenience in either singles or boxes.Fibracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing with Alginate Features and Benefits
- Soft, Absorbent, Conformable Wound Dressing
- 90% Collagen and 10% Calcium Alginate
- Collagen and Alginate Address Wide Range of Wound Types
- Creates Moist Wound Environment to Enable Rapid Rate of Healing
- Twice as Absorbent as Traditional Fibracol Collagen-Alginate Dressing
- Nonadherent and Removes Easily
- Can be Cut to Fit Any Size Wound
- Maintains Initial Integrity When Wet
- Available in Rope for Packing in Deep Wounds
- Packaged in Singles and Boxes
- Item Number: 2981
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Johnson & Johnson
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsIs the Product still effective after the expiration Date ? if kept cool and dry and still sealed in it's Air tight Packaging ? And if so, How long before it's totally none effective ?Question by: Mr. Joseph F. Kuehn Jr. on Apr 4, 2015 6:29:00 PM