Knitted Heel and Elbow Protectors, manufactured by Posey, are slip on protectors for heels or elbows that are designed to reduce the occurrence of pressure sores. These Posey Heel Elbow Protectors come with either a foam or gel insert that facilitates Pressure Ulcer Prevention. The Gel and Foam Heel Protectors are machine washable and made from a flexible material that stretches up to 30 percent. See below for a sizing chart.
Heel Elbow Protectors with Inserts Features and Benefits
- Machine Washable
- Expandable weave allows air to circulate.
- Foam pads are ideal for those who need protection from abrasions and pressure.
- Gel pads are ideal for those who need protection from abrasions and pressure and are at risk of falling.
Heel Elbow Protectors with Inserts Specifications
- Heel Protector Product Numbers: 6224S, 6224M, 6224L, 6224XL, 6224GS, 6224GM, 6224GL, 6224GXL
- Latex Free
- Gel or Foam Inserts
- HCPCS Code: E0191
Size Limb Circumference Foam Pad Gel Pad Small Up to 8 1/2 inches 6224S 6224GS Medium Up to 11 inches 6224M 6224GM Large Up to 13 1/2 inches 6224L 6224GL X-Large Up to 16 inches 6224XL 6224GXL
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsCan the gel pad be refrigerated to add cooling to the elbow along with protection?Question by: Dave on Jun 27, 2016 10:01:00 AMAccording to the manufacturer it can be either heated or cooled based on your individual needs.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 7, 2016 3:54:00 PMHow do the foam and gel elbow pads work?Question by: Robert Kearney on Jun 18, 2016 5:53:51 AMThis is not an item we carry in our warehouse and therefore cannot accurately answer that question. It's best to contact the manufacturer for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 26, 2016 4:02:00 PM
- Size, stretch, comfort
- Color!!! I wish they were not white- color looks dirty even after a wash