Cunningham Clamp is an effective incontinence device to help control male urinary stress incontinence. Stress incontinence for men occurs when they are unable to control urine flow. This simple male incontinence clamp has helped thousands of men cope with dribbling and incontinent side effects secondary to prostate cancer, stroke, and other urinary problems. Manufactured by Bard Medical, this penis clamp offers effective incontinence control in lieu of wearing adult diapers.
Cunningham Penile Clamp is a hinged, stainless steel frame supporting two foam rubber pads and a locking device. The user places the penis between the two foam pads and the hinged clamp is squeezed shut. The lower foam pad on the Cunningham Clamp has an inverted "V" which presses against the underside of the penis exerting a closing pressure on the urethra, which is close to the underside of the penis. The ratchet locking clamping mechanism has five separate settings to control male incontinence. This permits the user to achieve the proper amount of pressure to prevent urine leakage without discomfort.
Cunningham Penis Clamp Features & Benefits
- Reusable and washable.
- Adjustable fitting.
- Effective control of stress incontinence, enuresis or bed wetting.
- Suitable for use with males of all ages.
Cunningham Incontinence Clamp Specifications
- Cunningham Clamp Product Numbers: 004052, 004053, 004054.
- Size Options: Juvenile, Regular or Large.
- Sizes: 1-1/2 inch, 2 inch or 3 inch.
- Materials: Steel, foam and latex.
- Application: Control stress incontinence.
- Replace every 3 months or when there are signs of deterioration, cracking, discoloration or separation of foam.
- Manufacturer: Bard Medical.
- HCPCS Code: A4356.
- UNSPSC Code: 42291802.
Sizing the Cunningham Clamp is by penis shaft circumference, not length. Three sizes are available--large, regular or juvenile. Most men use the regular size clamp. Below is a guide to help you to select the best size clamp to meet your needs.
- Step 1: measure the circumference of your penis with a tape measure.
- Step 2: select the clamp that best meets your circumference measurement.
- If your circumference measurement is 3 inches or more, select the large clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 2 inches, select the regular clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 1-1/2 inches, select the juvenile clamp.
Using the Cunningham Clamp
- Place the clamp about halfway down the shaft of your penis between the two foam pads.
- Tighten the clamp to compress your urethra. Use the ratchet catch to adjust the pressure. This is what stops urine flow. The large and regular clamps each have 5 settings that adjust the pressure on your urethra. To release the catch, press inward on both of the spring wire loops. The juvenile clamp is not adjustable.
- Loosen your clamp every 1 to 2 hours to allow urine to flow. Going beyond 2 hours places you at higher risk of contracting a urinary tract infection. Reposition the clamp slightly up or down the shaft or you penis so that it is not in the same place as before.
- Do not use the Cunningham Clamp at night while you are sleeping.
- Ensure that the clamp is not set too tightly, cutting off blood circulation or causing skin irritation.
Cleaning your Bard Cunningham Clamp
- Wash your clamp in a sink with mild soapy water.
- Rinse your clamp thoroughly with clean water.
- Gently squeeze the foam to get rid of excess water.
- Air dry your clamp at room temperature away from excess heat or direct sunlight.
- Do not use bleach, detergent, or hot water on your clamp.
- Do not put your clamp in the washer or dryer
- Do not use a blow dryer on the clamp.
Cunningham Clamp Notes
Many incontinence clamp users keep three serviceable urine clamps on-hand at any given time. They rotate between two of the clamps daily and keep one as a spare. Rotating the clamp daily allows the foam pads to reposition fully before each use.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bard Sub Brand No Ships Free No Size Chart No Absorption No Backing Strength No Backsheet Material No Color No Compression No Core Material No Diameter No Latex Free No Needle Length No Odor Control No Ply No Scent No Size No Sterility No Toe Type No Topsheet Material No Thickness No Woven / Non-Woven No Material No Gender No
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!