Other Tegaderm product(s)
3M Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing are unparalleled among other adhesive bandages currently on the market; these clear Tegaderm bandages allow patients and caretakers to monitor wounds without changing the dressing, thus eliminating unnecessary bandage changes. Consisting of a comfortable acrylic pad tucked neatly between two layers of transparent adhesive film, these adhesive bandages are internally perforated, allowing uptake of the wound fluid by the absorbent acrylic pad.
Tegaderm Absorbent Dressing gently harbor a moist wound environment, gently and quickly enhancing wound recovery. These Tegaderm bandages provide secure, gentle adhesion to the skin, ensuring that patients experience a comfortable, pain-free experience while healing.
Features, Benefits, Specification and Information
Product Features and Benefits
- Clear acrylic dressing allows patients and caretakers to check the status of wounds, thus eliminating unnecessary dressing changes
- Internal perforations allow uptake of the wound fluid by the absorbent acrylic pad, and the non-perforated film backing is moisture vapor permeable yet impermeable to liquids, bacteria and viruses
- Dressings maintain a moist wound environment, gently encouraging wound healing in a secure, protected environment
- Ideal for pressure ulcers, skin tears, abrasions, donor sites, superficial burns and clean closed approximated surgical wounds and laparoscopic incisions
- Product number: 90800, 90801, 90802, 90800, 90803, 90805.
- Manufacturer: 3M
3M™ Tegaderm™ Clear Acrylic Dressing | Application and Removal (1:49 Minutes)
Now we’ll go on to the dressing application. You want to prepare your wound and protect your periwound skin per your facility protocol. Select a dressing which allows for 3/8 of an inch or one centimeter overlap onto the skin. You peel your paper liner from your dressing exposing the adhesive surface. Then center your dressing over your wound. You can apply light pressure around the edges of the dressing to secure as these are pressure-sensitive adhesives. Peel the paper liner, walking your fingers along the edges to ensure a good seal. This dressing can remain in place. Only needing to change if there’s leaking, lifting off or wound fluid under the adhesive border. For dressing removal, you carefully lift the dressing edge or the film border while pressing down on the skin. Continue to work around your dressing, lifting your edge until that film border is completely lifted. If you have a challenge lifting the film border, you may apply a piece of tape to the edge and use that to lift your border.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3M Sub Brand Tegaderm
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!