Customers Also Bought
Who Uses This Product? Consumers who monitor diabetes and test their blood glucose levels.
Why Give It a Try? The Presto Meter with WaveSense Technology provides fast, accurate readings. The technology doesn't require calibration codes, and it only requires a small blood sample size.
AgaMatrix Presto Blood Glucose Meter Overview
Accuracy and affordability are important factors when selecting a glucose monitor. Precise test results ensure that individuals with diabetes get the correct dosage of insulin. The name Presto speaks to the system's prompt, fast results that provide reading within six seconds. The Agamatrix Presto Blood Glucose Meter is fast with proven clinical accuracy.1 Its patented WaveSense Technology has been put to the test, demonstrating reliable readings that exceed the ISO minimum accuracy requirements.
What is WaveSense Technology?
This patented technology applies dynamic electrochemistry in blood glucose measurement. It detects and corrects known sources of interference with a blood sample. Some of these errors include fluctuations in the number of red blood cells, altitude, and temperature. The technology makes the proper adjustments to overcome these interferences and produce reliable readings.
The WaveSense technology involves a three-step real-time loop of information to detect glucose levels in each blood sample.
- Glucose reacts with the enzyme inside the test strip.
- Electrical signals are sent from the Presto Meter into the test strip that is sent back to the meter.
- The meter detects the glucose signal, removes interferences, and displays the test result.
Related Products for Diabetic Consumables
- AgaMatrixNormal Control Solution is applied to the test strips to ensure functionality of the meter and test strips.
- AgaMatrix Presto Test Strips are compatible with the Presto Glucose Meter family. Test strips are not reusable and the manufacturer recommends only using these compatible test strips to ensure accuracy.
- AgaMatrix Ultra-Thin Lancets complement this meter and aid in pricking the finger to obtain the blood sample. The lancets are single-use and come in a box of 100. The lancets have a thin, 33-gauge tip and make testing as comfortable as possible.
- Manufacturer: AgaMatrix
- Product Number: 8000-02649
- Weight: 1.65 Ounces
- Meter Width: 1.7 Inches
- Meter Length: 3.0 Inches
- Meter Height: 0.6 Inches
- Memory: 300 Blood Glucose and Control Solution Test Results
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 10,000 Feet
- Blood Sample Size: 0.5 Microliters
- Blood Sample Test Sites: Fingertip, Palm, and Forearm
- Power Source: (2) CR2032 Lithium Batteries
- Application: Blood Glucose Testing
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Manuals and Documents
- 1 "AgaMatrix White Paper: Performance of the AgaMatrix Presto Advanced Blood Glucose Monitoring System." Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Worcester, MA November / December 2007
- Additional Information