The Vivonex RTF is a nutritional drink for people who suffer from severely impaired GI functions such as protein, bowel resection, intestinal failure, and fat malabsorption - just to name a few. At only 10 percent from calories of fat per serving, it offers a low-calorie intake as to not fill increase calorie count but to increase nutrients taken with the drink.
The Vivonex RTF Ready-to-Feed nutrient drink is made 100 percent free of amino acids, amino acids are helpful for retaining muscles, and may not be the best when you already lack protein. The drink can be consumed orally, straight out of the carton or used in feeding tubes for pump or gravity fed iv feeding sessions.
The Unflavored 8.45 oz Vivonex Ready to Feed Formula is lactose-free and gluten-free nutritional drink support offer much more than a standard nutrient drink would. It helps in diets that also require a low-residue and kosher diet. Multiple drink options are available depending on your needs and doctor recommendation. Selecting the right type of nutrient drink is important to help you gain a lively lifestyle again comfortability.Not for individuals with galactosemia.
Vivonex RTF Features and Benefits
- 100% free amino acid diet for severely compromised GI patients.
- Only 10% calories from fat to support tolerance and reduce pancreatic stimulation.
- Useful in stressed, catabolic patients.
- Requires minimal digestive functionality for assimilation while providing benefits associated with continued use of the GI tract.
- Can be used for tube feeding or oral supplementation.
- Closed system with SpikeRight® PLUS port, the first available proximal-end enteral connector system designed to be incompatible with IV equipment.
- Appropriate for these diets: lactose-free, gluten-free, low-residue and kosher. Not for individuals with galactosemia.
Vivonex RTF Specifications
- Vivonex RTF Product Numbers: 36250000, 36280100, 4390036283.
- Flavor Options: Unflavored.
- Sizes: 250 mL, 1000 mL or 1500 mL.
- kcal/mL: 1.0.
- Protein Source: free amino acids (29% from BCAA).
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 20%
- Carbohydrate: 70%
- Fat: 10%
- Appropriate for these diets: lactose intolerance and gluten-free. Not for individuals with galactosemia .
- NPC:N Ratio 111:1.
- MCT:LCT Ratio 40:60.
- n6:n3 Ratio 6.7:1.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water):630.
- Renal Solute Load (mOsm/L): 255.
- Water 85%
- Meets 100% RDI for 24 key micronutrients: 1500 mL.
- L-arginine: 5.9 g/L
- Container Type: Tetra Prisma, SpikeRight® PLUS UltraPak® Bag.
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Vivonex RTF.
- HCPCS code: B4153.
Vivonex RTF Nutritional Support
- Severely impaired GI function:
- Severe protein, fat malabsorption
- Transitional feeding
- Extensive bowel resection
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Select trauma/surgery
- Early post-operative feeding
- Intestinal failure
- Trophic feeding
- TPN alternative
- Dual feeding with TPN
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Vivonex RTF Ingredients
- Water, Maltodextrin and less than 2% of Modified Cornstarch, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Leucine, Soybean Oil, L-Arginine, L-Glutamic Acid, Medium Chain Triglycerides (from Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil), Calcium Glycerophosphate, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Proline, L-Histidine Hydrochloride, L-Methionine, Glycine, L-Tryptophan, Carrageenan, Dextrose, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, L-Aspartic Acid, Citric Acid, L-Serine, Choline Bitartate, L-Alanine, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Cystine, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione, Vitamin B12.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!