Vashe Wound Cleanser
- Cleanses wounds and facilitates wound healing
- No-sting formula is safe for adult and pediatric use
- Light, fresh scent
- Skin-friendly pH of 5.1-5.5
- Indicated for pressure ulcers, post-surgical wounds, burns, abrasions, and more
- Nonantibiotic solution natural bacteria-destroying properties
- Fast Delivery
- Easy Returns
|312||4 oz. Bottle||Each||
List Price: $15.53 Price:
$14.13You Save: $1.40 (9%)
|313||8.5 oz. Bottle||Each||
List Price: $29.22 Price:
$26.59You Save: $2.63 (9%)
|313||8.5 oz. Bottle||Case of 12||
List Price: $343.02 Price:
$312.15($26.01 ea) You Save: $30.87 (9%)
|314||16 oz. Bottle||Each||
List Price: $58.70 Price:
$53.42You Save: $5.28 (9%)
|314||16 oz. Bottle||Case of 12||
List Price: $617.58 Price:
$562.00($46.83 ea) You Save: $55.58 (9%)
Vashe Solution Overview
Vashe Wound Cleanser is a prescription-strength solution with proprietary NZT 5.5 to clean and debride all wound types, including exudating wounds, acute and chronic dermal lesions, stage I-IV pressure ulcers, burns, and more. Vashe Wash effectively irrigates the wound, removing foreign material and bacteria to prepare the wound bed without injuring the sensitive tissue.
Vashe Wound Wash gentle formula won't sting or cause additional pain because it mimics the pH of human skin. Vashe Wound Therapy Solution uses the highest concentration of pure hypochlorous acid (HOC1), a compound naturally generated in the body's leukocytes, also known as white blood cells, (leukocyte example found below) with the important job of killing invading pathogens. Vashe Cleanser developed its proprietary solution
How Does NZT 5.5 Work?
Natural Zone Technology (NZT) uses an electrochemical process containing HOC1 to eliminate wound cytotoxicity and provide the ideal pH level. This natural antibacterial property is used in NZT 5.5 solution with the ability to provide a skin-neutral 5.5 pH for ideal wound healing conditions.
The Job of NZT 5.5
- Removes Microorganism
- Maintains a Non-Cytotoxic pH
- Mimics the 5.5 pH of Normal Skin
- Disrupts Biofilm
- Irrigates and Debrides Wound
Vashe Wound Cleanser Instructions
- It is recommended to label the bottle with the patient's name and date. Once the bottle is opened, it must be used within 30 days.
- Wet gauze with the Vashe Wound Solution to create a compress. Wring out any excess solution and apply directly to the wound bed.
- Keep the gauze on the wound for 3-5 minutes when the wound has a light amount of bio-film, scant, and slough.
- When there is moderate to heavy amounts, soak the wound for up to 10 minutes.
- Using a syringe with catheter tip containing irrigation solution, gently cleanse the wound and peri-wound skin to loosen necrotic tissue.
- Lightly pat down the wound and peri-wound skin to remove any excess solution.
- Dress the wound or use wound packing, if needed. Cover with a wound dressing to maintain a 24-hour moisture balance.
Is It Safe for Pediatric Use?
Yes, the pH is equal to normal skin and therefore safe for all pediatric ages. There are a several benefits to children to also consider:
- Its non-sting formula won't sting or burn when applied to the wound bed.
- It can be applied anywhere and is safe around the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and genitalia.
- It has a clean and fresh smell to calm children.
- Pediatric patients use Vashe to dampen a hydroconductive dressing to wrap around medical tubing to prevent skin breakdown. It can be applied around a G-tube, G-button, tracheostomy, gastro-jejunostomy, or chest tube.
Features and Benefits
- Safe for All Wound Types
- Gentle, No-Sting Formula
- No Restrictions for Pediatric Use
- Safe, Non-Toxic Formula
- Creates a Skin-Neutral 5.5 pH
- Cleans and Removes Microorganism Contaminants
- Promotes Faster Wound Healing
- Fresh Smell Reduces Wound Odor
- Effectively Cleanses and Debrides the Wound
- Complements Hydroconductive Wound Dressing to Moisten and Lubricate to Prevent Skin Breakdown
- Proprietary Formula
- No Clinical Contraindications for Use
- A Variety of Size Options Available
- Manufacturer: SteadMed Products
- Brand: Vashe
- Product Number: 312, 313, 314
- Size: 4 Ounces, 8.5 Ounces, 16 Ounces
- Application: Wound Cleanser
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to rinse out the solution before applying dressing?
No, the neutral pH is safe to be left on the wound and peri-skin and it does not have to be rinsed.
Does the formula sting the skin or wound bed?
No, the no-rinse formula won't sting or irritate the skin and is why it does not have any contraindications for use.
Sodium Chloride, Hypochlorous Acid, Water
Manuals and Documents
- Brock A. Liden "Pearls of Practice: Hypochlorous Acid: Its Multiple Uses for Wound Care." Wound Management and Prevention. (Issued September 2013)