Customers Also Bought
What is an Ultima Five Digital TENS Unit?
The Ultima 5 Tens Unit is a portable, digital Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Device for fast, targeted, and efficient pain relief. This means that once this device is attached to a pained area, it creates gentle electric pulses to increase circulation and encourage muscles to relax. The TENS Ultima 5 provides drug-free Pain Relief for a wide variety of conditions. These conditions include nerve pain, musculoskeletal pain, muscle spasms, migraines, stiffness, and inflammation that arise from tendonitis, sports and auto injuries, arthritis, back strain, sciatica, menstrual pain, and countless other pain-causing incidents.
The Ultima 5 Tens Unit system is a dual-channel system and has five operation mode options so users can get just the right level of stimulation to fit their individual needs. This includes a continuous mode, two burst modes, a pulse width mode, and a pulse rate and pulse width mode. Pulse width and rate are also adjustable. They can be adjusted between 50 and 250 seconds and 1 to 150 Hz, respectively. It also includes four timer settings (15, 30, 45, or 60 Minute) so users can use it for an allotted amount of time without concern of going over the desired period. This reduces the chance of over-use. Two waveform options are also available with this device.
This Ultima 5 TENS machine has a sleek, compact, and modern design and features a large LCD screen for easy reading and use. It also comes ready-to-use with everything a user needs for TENS therapy sessions. This item uses two AA batteries to operate, so batteries are easy to replace when needed. These batteries are included along with a soft, compact carrying case that allows the device to be safely and easily transported. Back-up and replacement PMT Electrode Pads are also available for purchase. Finally, this unit comes with a 5-year protective limited warranty that covers mechanical defects.
Users interested in this product might also be interested in the alternative iTENS Pain Relief Electrotherapy System.
What Comes in the Box?
- 4 Electrode Pads
- 1 Set of Lead Wires
- 1 Belt Clip
- 1 Compact Carrying Case
- 2 AA Batteries
- 1 Electrode Placement Guide
- 1 User Manual
Features and Benefits
How Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENs) Systems Work
How it Works
TENS units like the Ultima 5 Digital Dual Channel TENS Unit create a low voltage electrical current. This current is conducted through the sticky adhesive on the electrode pads and gently stimulates the nerves to relieve bodily tension and pain. There are a couple of theories regarding how these units work. One is that the electrical current disrupts pain signals before they can reach the brain. Another theory is that the current encourages the body to produce its own natural painkillers. For instance, TENS units may instigate the production of endorphins.
The Ultima Five TENS Unit has many uses. These include the following:
- Muscular Pain
- Back Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Upper Extremity Pain
- Neck Pain
- Joint Ache
- Post-Operative Pain
- Sports Injury
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Menstrual Pain
- Much More
Ultima Digital TENS Unit Operation and Care
How to Assemble this Product
- Place two batteries in the unit after removing the battery protector. Ensure that the batteries are inserted completely and in the correct directions. When finished, snap the protector back into place.
- This device can be used with either one or two leads. Plug the wanted number of leads into the device. If using only a single lead, plug it into the jack labeled "ch1."
- Plug the other end of the leads into the electrode pads.
- Place the pads on clean, unbroken, and completely dry skin.
- Read the user manual for a full list of instructions and diagrams.
Ultima Electrode Pad Care
The Ultima 5 Electrode Pads are reusable. However, the stickiness of the pads affects the efficiency and effectiveness of this unit. Be sure to place them in the included plastic unit to protect the pads. If the pads have been reused several times, they may lose their stickiness. If this happens, wet them with a small amount of water. If this course of action becomes ineffective, it is time to purchase a new set of pads.
- Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Poor Circulation
- Muscle Inflammation
- Muscle Spasms
- Strained Back
- Back Sprain
- Muscle Stiffness
- Painful Diabetic Neuropathy
- Visceral Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Raynaud's Syndrome
- Phantom Limb Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Never use this product if you have an arrhythmia or use a pacemaker.
- Never place the electrodes over the eyes
- Never place where a pulse is felt on the neck (the carotid sinuses).
- Never place the electrodes so that the electrical current flows through the head.
- Do not use this device on pain that comes from an undiagnosed source.
Does this Device Require a Prescription?
Yes, this item can only be used when prescribed by a doctor and should only be used under the supervision of a licensed health care practitioner.
- Keep the digital Ultima Five TENS Unit away in a cool and dry location. Never place near excessive heat.
- Never immerse in water or any other liquid.
- To avoid damaging the LCD screen, do not use or place this item near microwaves, hi-fi speakers, televisions, or other devices that produce high magnetic fields.
- Only use battery types recommended by the manufacturer. These include two 1.5 volt AA NI-MH rechargables or two 1.5 volt Alkaline batteries. Batteries should be taken out of the device if the device hasn't been or won't be used for an extended period of time (3 months or longer).
- Pads used with this device must be at least 40mm X 40mm.
- This item is created to manage pain, not to treat undiagnosed issues. Pain is a signal of a deeper underlying issue. This item should never be used to mask pain stemming from an undiagnosed issue as that issue may need urgent care.
- Using electrodes in a single spot for an extended time may cause skin irritation.
- Users with epilepsy or heart disease and women who are pregnant should only use this device under the guidance of their health care practitioner.
- Remove the electrode pads periodically to allow the skin to breathe.
- Though electrode pads are hypoallergenic, allergic reaction is still possible.
- Never use this item on numb or broken skin.
- Always keep this device in a safe place where children cannot access it.
- Never use this item while driving or operating machinery.
- Only use this item under the administration and supervision of a doctor.
- Never use this item in the abdominal area when pregnant. The manufacturer does not advise use during pregnancy unless instructed to do so by a doctor.
- This device only treats symptoms and suppresses pain. Pain is an indication of an underlying condition. This underlying condition must not be ignored.
- This item does not diagnose or cure any condition.
- This device is ineffective on pain of central origin, such as headaches.
- Manufacturer: Pain Management Technologies
- Brand: Ultima
- Item Number: PMT-U5
- Application: Pain Management Device
- Type: TENS Unit
- Channels: 2
- Modes: 5 (Constant, Burst, Burst 2, Pulse Width Modulation, Pulse Rate / Pulse Width Modulation)
- Timer: 15, 30, 45, or 60 Minute
- Waveform: Mono-Phasic Rectangular, Symmetrical Bi-Phasic Rectangular
- Adjustable Pulse Rate: 1 - 150 Hz
- Adjustable Pulse Width: 50 - 250 ?S
- Maximum Output: 130 mA (500 Ohm load)
- Display Type: LCD
- Display Size: 52.5 x 35.8 mm
- Carrying Case: Soft Compact
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- EMC Requirement Tested (EN 60601.1): Yes
Manuals and Documents
- Pain Management Brochure contains Pain Management Technologies product specifications and benefits.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Electrode Placement Chart contains TENS electrode placement diagrams.
This product comes with a five-year limited warranty. Accessories and products that are no longer on the common market are not covered under warranty.
- Open Anesthesia. TENS indications. 2012.
- Open Anesthesia. How does TENS work? 2012.
- Additional Information