Customers Also Bought
Tyrex 2 is an Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food for adults and children with tyrosinemia types I, II, and III who can't metabolize amino acid tyrosinemia. Tyrex 2 Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food is Phenylalanine-free and tyrosine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein. It contains 100 grams of L-carnitine and 100 grams of taurine to mimic diets with protein from animal products. This formula by Abbott Nutrition supplies adequate amounts of other nutrients when consumed according to Abbott guidelines however Tyrex 2 should be consumed to supplement nutrition rather than sole-source nutrition. This product is not intended for infants 1 year of age and under. Abbott recommends using Tyrex Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula with Iron. Use under medical supervision.
Features, Benefits, Ingredients, Preparation, Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Phenylalanine and Tyrosine-Free
- Added L-Carnitine and Taurine
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 51126
- Weight: 14.1 oz Canister
- Quantity: Case of 6
- Flavor: Unflavored
- Tyrex-2 Nutrition Guide
Powder Unflavored: Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Proline, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Alanine, Glycine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Asparagine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Silicon Dioxide, DATEM, L-Histidine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Methionine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Tryptophan, L-Aspartic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
- Preparation will vary as prescribed by physician. User must follow physician's instructions carefully.
- Begin with washing hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour designated amount of water into a clean container.
- Add correlating amount of Tyrex-2 powder and if recommended, other ingredients such as fruit or flavor crystals.
- Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds or no more than 5 seconds in an electric blender.
- Pour mixture into clean cup.
- It's best when serve chilled.
- Use within one hour or discard.
Approximate Weights for Unpacked, Level U.S. Standard Dry Household Measures for Powder*
Household Measure (US) Weight (g) 1 Tbsp 8 1/4 Cup 30 1/3 Cup 40 1/2 Cup 60 1 Cup 120
* For most accurate results, Tyrex-2 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
Storage and Handling:
- Once powder has been mixed with water, store unused contents in refrigerator and use within 24 hours
- Store unopened or opened can at room temperature.
- Avoid exposing can to extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.
Tyrex-2 Nutrition Information:
Volume 100 g Powder Calories 410 Protein Equivalent Source L-Amino Acids Fat Source High Oleic Safflower, Coconut and Soy Oils Carbohydrate Source Corn Syrup Solids Fat 14 grams Protein Equivalent 30 grams Linolenic Acid 2200 mg Linoleic Acid 225 mg Carbohydrates 35 grams Vitamin A 2200 IU Vitamin A 660 mcg RE Vitamin D 300 IU Vitamin D 7.5 mcg Vitamin E 18 IU Vitamin E 12.1 mg alpha-TE Vitamin K 60 mcg Vitamin C 60 mg Vitamin B12 5 mcg Vitamin B6 1.3 mg Thiamin Vitamin B1 3.3 mg Folic Acid 450 mcg Niacin 16 mg Niacin 21.7 mg NE Biotin 100 mcg Choline 100 mg Pantothenic Acid 8 mg Calcium 880 mg Phosphorus 760 mg Magnesium 225 mg Iodine 100 mcg Inositol 70 mg Manganese 0.8 mg Iron 13 mg Zinc 13 mg Selenium 35 mcg Chromium 27 mcg Molybdenum 30 mcg Sodium 880 mg Sodium 38.3 mEq Potassium 1370 mg Potassium 35.0 mEq Chloride 940 mg Chloride 26.5 mEq
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!