Other TwoCal product(s)
TwoCal HN Calorie and Protein Dense Nutrition manufactured by Abbott is a liquid medical food to help patients gain and maintain a healthy weight. Available in an 8 oz Ready-to-Drink Can in either TwoCal HN Vanilla or Butter Pecan flavoring, or 1000 mL Ready-to-Hang Container, unflavored. This formula is also nutritionally complete. It's ideal for meeting the increased protein and calorie needs of stressed patients. TwoCal HN can be consumed as supplemental or sole-source nutrition for either tube or oral feedings. It's also helpful for low-volume feedings and is often provided in 2 oz amounts QID with Med Pass programs to assist with weight gain or maintenance, with 2 Cal/mL to promote weight gain.
The protein found in TwoCal HN is concentrated to increase calories and to support lean body mass and wound healing. Essential vitamins and minerals are also packed to provide 24 important nutrients such as vitamin A, D, E, K and C. In a 8 oz. serving, it meets or exceeds 25 percent of the Recommended Dietary Intake. Prebiotics are also important to promote colon health and digestion. There is 1.2 grams of NutraFlora® scFOS® in a 8 oz serving. scFOS are prebiotics that stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon.
TwoCal HN can be purchased in an 8 oz Ready-to-Drink Can or a 1000 mL Ready-to-Hang Container, sold individually and by the case. Product can be served at room temperature or chilled when consumed orally. For tube feedings, the product is to be consumed at room temperature. Consumers needing specific dietary restrictions will find TwoCal HN to be Halal, Kosher, Gluten-free, low-residue and suitable for lactose intolerance.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Indications, Contraindications and Ingredients
Features and Benefits:
- Oral or Tube Feeding
- Ready to Consume
- Assists Low-Volume Feedings
- Calorically Dense to Promote Weight Gain or Management
- Supports Lean Body Mass
- Protein Supports Wound Healing
- Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Prebiotics to Support Colon Health
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- HCPCS Code: B4152
- TwoCal HN Nutrition Information
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Volume: 8 oz Ready-to-Drink Can, 1000 mL Ready-to-Hang Container
- Quantity: Can/Case 24, Ready-to-Hang Container/Case 8
- Item Numbers: 729 (8 oz), 62709 (1000 mL)
- Flavor: Butter Pecan
- Volume: 8 oz Ready-to-Drink Can
- Quantity: Can/Case 24
- Item Number: 54064
- For individuals requiring low-volume feedings.
- For tube and oral feedings.
- Not for people with galactosemia.
- Not for IV use.
- Not intended for Gravity-Feedings.
- Feeding sets are single-patient only.
Liquid Vanilla: Water, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Corn Maltodextrin, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Sugar, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Canola Oil, Fructooligosaccharides, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. Allergens: Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Instructions for Use: Ready-To-Hang Container
All liquid medical foods require careful handling to reduce the potential for microbial contamination. NOTE: Failure to follow the Instructions may cause microbial contamination and reduce hangtime.
- Pump feeding use an 8 Fr or larger tube. Gravity feeding not recommended.
- Administer product at room temperature.
- THOROUGHLY wash hands with soap and water before setting up container or feeding set.
- Turn container upside down and SHAKE VIGOROUSLY, using a twisting motion for at least 10 seconds.
- DO NOT touch any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula to avoid contamination.
- When initiating feeding, follow physician's instructions. Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient's condition and tolerance.
- Additional fluid should be met by giving water between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
For Use with Enteral Feeding Set:
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap and completely pierce foil.
- Turn the safety connector clockwise until it is securely fastened.
- Close clamp on set before inverting container.
- Invert container and suspend by using the hanging ring on the bottom of the container.
- Unless a shorter hang time is specified by the set manufacturer, hang product for up to 48 hours.
Instructions for Use: 8-fl-oz-can
- Store unopened at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Shake well.
- Thoroughly clean top of container before opening.
- Once opened unused portion needs to be covered, refrigerated and used within 48 hours.
- May by used for total or supplemental nutrition consumed at room temperature or chilled.
- Follow physician's instructions.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient's condition and tolerance.
- Feed by pump at room temperature with an 8 Fr or larger tube; gravity feeding not recommended.
- Additional fluid requirements should be met by adding water between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Avoid contamination during preparation and use.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand TwoCal
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsShould 2 cal be used if patient is diabetic?
Question by: millie dale on Dec 5, 2017 7:43:00 PMWe cannot make any specific recommendations regarding items on our site. It's best to speak with a medical professional for proper advice.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Mar 20, 2018 9:41:00 AM