Other Tegaderm product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Tegaderm Alginate Hi Integrity Dressings by 3M are sterile, highly conformable and absorbent primary Wound Care Dressings. Tegaderm Alginate Dressing is for use on moderately to heavily exudating wounds. Alginate Dressings are available in two sizes and in two dressing options as depicted below:
- Tegaderm HIGH INTEGRITY Alginate Dressing is designed to maintain high integrity of the saturated dressing. Tegaderm™ High Integrity Alginate Dressing is easily removed from most wounds in one piece with minimal gel residue.
- Tegaderm HIGH GELLING Alginate Dressing becomes an amorphous gel-like mass when saturated. The saturated dressing may be gently irrigated from the wound bed at dressing change.
Product Features & Benefits
- Form a gel-like consistency as they absorb exudate to provide a moist healing environment.
- Highly absorbent dressings – absorbing 20 times their own weight.
- Two Alginate options to meet wound needs.
- HIGH INTEGRITY Alginate Dressings retain their integrity when saturated for quick and easy removal.
- Tegaderm High Gelling Alginate Dressing completely gels with saturation for easy removal from fragile tissue by gentle irrigation.
- Available in various sizes to meet patient wound needs.
Tegaderm Alginate Dressing Applications
- Moderately to heavily exudating, partial and full-thickness wounds
Primary dressing applications:
- Dermal ulcers: pressure, arterial, venous, and diabetic
- Donor sites
- Trauma wounds and abrasions
- Open surgical wounds
- Product Numbers: 90120, 90220, 90212, 90112.
- Size Options: 4 x 4 Inch Pad & 12 Inch Rope.
- Alginate Options: High Integrity & High Gelling.
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Tegaderm
- HCPCS Codes: A6196 & A6199
3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Dressing | Application and Removal (1:49 Minutes)
For application and removal of Tegaderm Alginate Dressings, you will prepare your wound bed and protect your periwound skin per your facility protocol. You’ll select the dressing that’s appropriate for the size of the wound and trim as necessary. This is Tegaderm Alginate available in the flat size. I have taken and cut this dressing to fit appropriately into this wound bed. You will place the dressing in the wound bed and avoid any overlap onto the surrounding skin. The Rope Dressing may be used in areas with undermining and/or tunneling. Gently pack using a sterile cotton tip applicator for areas with deep undermining and/or tunneling. I’ll demonstrate the rope dressing in this wound here. You gently fill the wound up and gently pack in the Alginate Dressing, cutting off any extra dressing. You will then cover with the appropriate cover dressing. I will use the Medipore Plus Pad Dressing. Remove the Alginate Dressing by lifting out of the wound bed or irrigating with normal saline or a wound cleanser.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3M Sub Brand Tegaderm
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsCan this be left on the wound for 7 days? I'm a little confused about all these types... my mom has pretty bad decubitis (bed sore) wounds. Which one would be best?
Thank you!Question by: verushka on Dec 22, 2015 8:18:22 PMAccording to the manufacturer the dressings have a different changing time that depends on a set of circumstances. We recommend contacting them in order to get a better response.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 19, 2016 2:05:00 PM
- Shipping & Returns