Customers Also Bought
The Geo-Mattress Atlas by Span America is designed for heavy-duty use for the care of bariatric patients at risk of pressure ulcers. This specialized foam mattress offers therapeutic features to protect skin integrity of non-ambulatory bariatric patients from 600 to 750 pounds.
Firstly, the skin surface is protected because the Geo-Mattress Atlas has a cover made with unique vapor barrier fabric to control moisture. The nylon coating makes it fluid-resistant with the addition of built-in bacteriostatic properties to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Underneath this important layer lies Span America's proprietary Geo-Matt that's comprised of 800 independent support cells cut in a geometric pattern with an open channel -- also called the Ring of Air. This channel disperses heat and moisture to protect fragile skin while conforming to the body and distributing pressure to protect the skin and prevent pressure ulcers.
Another important detail of the Geo-Mattress Atlas topper is the foam slopes at the heels to redistribute pressure in the lower legs and calves. Underneath this layer are three additional layers of progressive support with a firmer density of foam at the bottom. The layers provide pressure-relief zones for the most vulnerable areas of the body.
Please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
Vitality Medical has a wide selection of medical products to support larger patients who have mobility impairment, such as the bariatric shower chair.
Features and Benefits:
- Comfortable Progressive Support with Firmest Density at the Bottom
- Skin-Friendly Surface
- High-Resiliency Layers
- Heel Slope for Extras Protection at the Heels, Ankles, and Calves
- Fluid-Resistant, Zippered Cover
- Cover Prevents Bacteria Growth
- Anti-Shearing Surface
- Effective Skin Breakdown Prevention
- Non-Prorated Three-Year Warranty
- Fire Barrier Version (FBV) Certified Conformance to NFPA 101
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Brand: Geo-Mattress
- Product Numbers: A7535-29, A8035-29, A8039-29, A8042-29, A8048-29, A8054-29, A8435-29, A8448-29
- Quantity: Each
- Widths: 35, 39, 48, 54 Inches
- Lengths: 75, 80, 84 Inches
- Height: 7 Inches
- Average Mattress Weight: 36 Pounds
- Weight Capacity by Width: 600 Pounds (35 Inches), 675 Pounds (39 Inches), 750 Pounds (42, 48, 54 Inches)
- Application: Skin Protection for Immobile Bariatric Patients
- Warranty: Three-Year
Manuals and Documents
Geo-Matt Design Video (0:55 minutes)
Notice: For the health and safety of our customers we cannot accept a return on a mattress once it has been used.
- Additional Information