Click to Order By PhoneWARNING: This product may contain chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This product complies with all state and federal safety standards.
Other Acticoat product(s)
Customers Also Bought
DetailsUsing a unique 3 layer design, Smith and Nephew's Acticoat Moisture Control provides high absorbency and will wick away excess exudate. The first layer consists of noncrystalline silver-coated polyurethane, the second - a white polyurethane foam, and the third - a blue waterproof polyurethane film. Besides wicking away excess exudate the dressing provides an effective barrier to bacterial penetration while maintaining a moist wound environment for better healing. In order to promote quick healing the dressing may be left in place over a wound for up to 7 days.Some of the great features of the Moisture Control Dressing include a powerful antimicrobial barrier that eliminates threats to healing, a waterproof film with visible strikethrough that indicates when a dressing change is needed, a highly absorbent hydrocellular technology that wicks away excess exudate, a non-adhesive wound contact layer, and extra cushioning. The Moisture Control Dressing is easy to apply and remove, and no hydration or cover dressing is required.
Indications: Acticoat Moisture Control Dressing is intended for us in light to moderately exuding partial and full thickness wounds including decubitus ulcers, diabetic ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns, and donor sites. The dressing can also be used over debrided and partial thickness wounds.
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.Precautions
- For external use only
- Not compatible with oil-based products such as petrolatum
- May not be compatible with topical antimicrobials
- Do not use with saline
- Is not compatible with oxidizing agents (eg. EUSOL) as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements (eg. EEG and ECG)
- If reddening or sensitization occurs, discontinue use
- Dressing is not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds. However, the dressing may be used on infected wounds which are being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew Sub Brand Acticoat
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Shipping & Returns