Oxygen conserving devices allow people who need oxygen therapy to regulate the air flow from their cylinder to get an accurate amount to meet their needs as well as a money-saving measure. The SmartDose Mini Oxygen Conserver, by Drive Medical, is a simple, intuitive device that will regulate air flow using a broad range of settings.
The SmartDose is a regulating gauge that allows oxygen delivery based on five increment settings. This also has a smart feature that will sense the patient's breathing patterns and adjusts the present rest setting to match the dose needed. So if the patient's activity level increases, the oxygen regulator will up the output level two settings. If less oxygen is needed, SmartDose will taper off the output. The SmartDose mode can be shut off to allow a continuous flow if needed.
This Drive Medical regulator will fit easily onto a cylinder tank. The user can simply lower the device over the valve posts while aligning the pins in the conserver to the holes in the cylinder valve post, just as one would do with a standard regulator.
The SmartDose uses either two AA alkaline or two AA rechargeable batteries as a power source. They will last about one year if used a maximum four hours a day. The operating pressure range is between 500 and 3,000 PSI. The device weights 15.5 ounces with batteries. It comes with an auto shut-off feature to conserve battery life.
SmartDose Mini Oxygen Conserver Features and Benefits
- The conserver achieves maximum conservation efficiency by automatically adjusting the dose down at lower activity levels.
- It uses either two AA Alkaline batteries or two AA rechargeable batteries for a duration of about one year (for most patients).
- It delivers a quiet, gentle dose of oxygen using an efficient, compact design.
- The SmartDose Mini Oxygen conserver will sense patient breathing pattern and auto-adjust oxygen flow rate up or down as needed within seconds.
- It includes uniform pulse dose increments 1,2,3,4,5 plus CF pre-set @ 2 LPM.
SmartDose Mini Oxygen Conserver Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Manufacturer Number: CTOX-MN02
- Operating Pressure Range:500-3000 PSI
- Weight: 15.5oz (With Batteries)
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 8.60 Inch
- Width: 6.4 Inch
- Height: 4.2 Inch
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!