Other Portex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Smiths Medical Portex Bacterial Viral Filters connect to a ventilator appliance for artificial respiration during anesthesia or while patient is in intensive care. This respiratory accessory effectively protects the patient by filtering the air. It's made of electrostatically-charged polypropylene which means it naturally cleans the air as particles are attracted to the static charge. This creates a filtration efficiency of 99.9 percent.
The Portex Bacterial Filter has multi-vents and features a flexible coupler to fight tight connections. The circuit end measures 22 mm with BARB connector and the patient end connection is 15 mm I.D. x 22 O.D. The Portex 002863 Ventilator Filter can be purchased individually or by the case of 40 filters. The filters are packaged non-sterile.
Smiths Medical also manufactures adapters needed for mechanically ventilated patients who require tracheostomy or endotracheal tube.
Features and Benefits
- Uses Electrostatic Fibers to Attract Particles
- Cleans Air to Protect Patient from Breathing in Harmful Bacteria
- Flexible Coupler for Easy Connection to Tight Fittings
- Achieves 99.9 Percent Filtration
- Product Number: 002863
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Brand: Portex
- Quantity: Each, Case of 40
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Weight: 20 g
- Patient End Connection: 15 mm I.D. x 22 mm O.D.
- Circuit End Connection: 22 mm I.D.
- Media: Electrostatically-Charged Polypropylene
- Filter Dead Space: 32 mLmp
- Efficiency: <99.9%
- Resistance to Flow: 1.0 hPa (1.0 cm H20) at 0.5 L/sec (30 L/min)
- Sterile: No
- Application: Filtration from Ventilator During Anesthesia or Intensive Care
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A