Customers Also Bought
SimplyThick EasyMix Instant Food Thickener is a thickening gel added to beverages, soups, and meals to allow people to consume these products who have Dysphagia, a swallowing disorder. Patients recovering from major surgery and at risk of aspirating also use this product. SimplyThick Food Thickener has a soluble fiber base and is dietary friendly since it is free of common allergens such as gluten, tree nuts, milk products, peanuts and soybeans. It's also kosher and vegan/vegetarian to accommodate a wide variety of dietary needs. Diabetic patients won't see a spike in their blood sugar because it's 0 to 5 calories per 6-gram serving.
Preparing SimplyThick Easy Mix is made easy because it is in gel form and instantly thickens without clumping. Gel also is fully hydrated so it will not continue to swell and continue to thicken after mixing. You will find uniform consistency and it will not separate over time. SimplyThick EasyMix uses nearly the same amount to thicken a wide variety of beverage choices.
Choose from individual 4-ounce packets, bulk 32-ounce packets, or the convenient 2-Liter Bottle with Pump calibrated to dispense 6-grams needed to thicken 4-ounces of liquid. The packets are color-coded based on consistency with mildly thick nectar (red) or moderately thick honey consistency (yellow). The bottle with a pump provides instructions to obtain the desired consistency. Single-use packets offer convenience so that you can take it with you to a restaurant or pack for a trip.
Simply Thick also manufactures SimplyThick Instant Food Thickner.
- soluble fiber
- xanthan gum
- glucono delta-lactone
- gellan gum
- potassium sorbate (preservative)
- calcium chloride
- citric acid
- sodium citrate
- guar gum
Details of Key Ingredients
- Soluble Fiber - plant based fiber that acts as part of the overall thickening system of SimplyThick EasyMix.
- Glucono Delta-lactone - common additive acid that is known for its mild taste or bite. Added for proper pH and meal safety.
- Gums (gellan, xanthan and guar) & pectin - common thickeners. The blend provides the nice mouthfeel of SimplyThick EasyMix.
- Potassium Sorbate - used as a preservative.
- Calcium Chloride - common salt added to edible products.
- Citric acid and sodium citrate - edible acids to provide the proper pH and nutritional safety.
Product Features and Benefits
- Fast and Easy Mixing
- Gel Thickener Will Not Form Powder Lumps
- Always Produces the Same Consistency
- Soluble Fiber
- Few Calories
- Low Carbohydrates
- Low Sodium
- Ready to Consume In Seconds, Not Minues
- Does Not Thicken With Time
- Mixes with Soup, Water, Coffee, Juice, Ice, Soda, Milk, Beer, Wine
- Portable Individual Packet Option
- No Messy Powders
- Discreet Single-Use Packets
- Free of Common Allergens
- Will Not Clump
- Stable Formula and Will Not Separate
- Color Coded Based on Consistency
- Bottle Item Number: ST2LBOTTLE
- Honey Bulk 32 oz Item Numbers: STBULK25L3 (Ea), STBULK10L3 (Bx of 10), STBULK25L3 (Bx of 25)
- Nectar Bulk 32 oz Item Numbers: STBULK50L2 (Ea), STBULK15L2 (Bx of 15), STBULK50L2 (Bx of 25)
- Honey Bulk 4 oz Item Numbers: STIND100L3 (Ea), STIND50L3 (Bx of 50), STIND100L3 (Bx of 100)
- Nectar Bulk 4 oz Item Numbers: STIND200L2 (Ea), STIND200L2 (Bx of 200)
- Application: Thickening Agent for Meals or Beverages to Assist People with Swallowing Problems
- Quantity: Each, Box
- Latex Free: Yes
- Thickness: Mild (Nectar), Moderate (Honey)
- Manufacturer: SimplyThick LLC
- SimplyThick gel improves smoothness and is an excellent thickening agent.
- It prevents weeping of high water content.
- It produces a somewhat shiny appearance.
- It does not add calories or carbohydrates to food or drink.
- SimplyThick gel does not continue to thicken or “gum up” foods when reheated.
- The best practice is to process foods as close to service as possible for best quality results.
- Taste the food before serving and adjust seasoning if required.
- Difficulty swallowing
- Tongue dysfunction
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Neurological condition
- Do not feed SimplyThick to premature infants or babies. It may cause necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) in very young, premature infants.
- Do not use when sterile applications are necessary. The gel is not a sterile product.
SimplyThick pre-measured packets offer fast and easy preparation of beverages. Each packet produces either nectar or honey consistency. Combine two honey packets to produce a pudding consistency. The dispenser bottle provides simplicity and convenience for mixing with food or drink. Simply add the appropriate amount of gel and mix to meet individual needs.
There are two preparation methods—individual and bulk. Individual preparation produces a single serving while bulk preparation provides multiple servings.
Bulk Mixing Chart
Best Mixing Practices
- Keep processing blades sharp. Routinely check the blades for functionality.
- Do not fill the food processing bowl above 2/3 full.
- Do not put hot items into a plastic food processing bowl. Allow the hot items to cool first to room temperature.
- Cover and heat hot ingredients in an oven after processing.
Is SimplyThick EasyMix Kosher?
Yes. The product has the Kashrut Authority symbol on the packaging.
Is Simply Thick Easy Mix gluten free?
Yes, this thickener has no cereal grains.
Is Simply Thick Easy Mix Halal?
Yes, this product meets the dietary standards prescribed in the Qur'an.
Is Simply Thick Easy Mix Instant Food Thickener vegan?
Yes, there are no meat products associated with this beverage thickener.
Can you use Simply Thick Easy Mix when you have gasrointestinal problems?
The thickening gel is free of pathogens. There is no known impact on any bacterial infection in the human body.
Is Easy Mix allergen free?
The product is free of wheat, gluten, soy, nuts, tree nuts, shellfish, sulfites, fish, egg, and corn.
Vitality Medical carries other brands of Best Selling Food Thickeners including the products listed below.
- Thick-It Instant Food Thickner corn-starch-based thickener
- Resource ThickenUp powdered thickener
- Thick & Easy for hot and cold foods
Manuals and Documents
- Simply Thick Brochure provides the features and benefits of this product.
- Simply Thick Patient Brochure provides mixing instructions and features for this product.
- Nutritional Data contains packaging nutrition labels.
- Material Safety Data Sheet presents safety information.
- Recipe Guide presents tasty recipies using Simply Thick.
- Nutrient Thickening Agent Research Study presents conclusions from research.
Mixing Demonstration Video (8:56 minutes)
Comparison between Simply Thick and Powder Thickeners Video (3:28 minutes)
Overview of Instant Thickener Video (8:55 minutes)
- Murphy, Erika Rose. The effect of isometric tongue exercise in a novel rodent model of dysphagia. Diss. 2019. (Last Accessed July-2-2020)
- Imeson, Alan P. Thickening and gelling agents for food. Springer Science & Business Media, 2012. (Last Accessed July-2-2020)
- Saha, Dipjyoti, and Suvendu Bhattacharya. "Hydrocolloids as thickening and gelling agents in food: a critical review." Journal of food science and technology 47.6 (2010): 587-597. (Last Accessed July-2-2020)
- Lotong, V., et al. "Texture and flavor characteristics of beverages containing commercial thickening agents for dysphagia diets." Journal of Food Science 68.4 (2003): 1537-1541. (Last Accessed July-2-2020)
- Joint, F. A. O., WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives, and World Health Organization. Evaluation of certain food additives: some food colours, thickening agents, smoke condensates, and certain other substances, nineteenth report of the Joint FAO. World Health Organization, 1975. (Last Accessed July-2-2020)
- Additional Information