Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Similac Special Care 30 Premature Infant Formula with Iron and OptiGRO offers 30 calories per fluid ounce to assist low-birth-weight and premature infants with gaining weight. The special formula has increased calcium and phosphorus like breast milk to support growing bones. OptiGRO is an exclusive blend by Abbott Nutrition containing DHA for brain and eye development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E to support developing cells. These are important ingredients found in breast milk. Moms find Special Care 30 Premature Formula to be a great way to fortify their breast milk or extend breast milk when their milk supply is low. The 2 oz ready-to-feed bottle mixed with breast milk using a 1:1 ratio. This will increase the nutrient content of the breast milk without increasing its osmolality with approximately 25 calories per ounce to meet the energy needs of most preterm infants.
For other dietary needs, Similac Special Care 30 is gluten-free, Halal and Kosher.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Precautions, Preparation and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Contains Special Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Supports Eye and Brain Development
- Supports Developing Cells
- Supports Growing Bones
- Fortifies or Extends Breast Milk
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- HCPCS Code: B4160
- Volume: 2 oz Ready-to-Feed Bottle
- Item Number: 56275
- Quantity: Each, Case of 48
Unflavored Ready-to-Feed- Water, Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Soy Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Lactose. Less than 0.5% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Soy Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, m-Inositol, Potassium Hydroxide, Carrageenan, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Niacinamide, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Riboflavin, Potassium Citrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, and Nucleotides (Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate, Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate). Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Use this product only after lower caloric density formulas have been tried. It's best to increase caloric density slowly to allow baby's digestion to tolerate formula. Increase calories in two to four calorie a ounce increments.
- Very low-birth-weight infants are particularly susceptible to gastrointestinal complications and should be fed under direction of pediatrician and closely monitored.
- Baby's hydration status should be regularly monitored.
- When formula is used for enteral feeding watch for signs of intolerance or intestinal dysfunction such as: spitting up, abdominal distension, abnormal stools or stool patterns, excessive gastric residuals. These may be signs that the enteral feeding needs to be slowed or discontinued.
- Once infant has reached 8 lbs, talk to pediatrician about the next Similac formula to use for feedings.
- Never warm bottle in the microwave oven as serious burns can result.
Ready-to-Feed Nutrition Information
Volume 3.34 fl oz (100 Cal) Calories 100 Protein 3.0 grams Fats 6.61 grams Carbohydrates 7.73 grams Water 84 grams Linoleic Acid 700 mg Vitamin A 1250 IU Vitamin D 150 IU Vitamin E 4.0 IU Vitamin K 12 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 250 mcg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 620 mcg Vitamin B6 250 mcg Vitamin B12 .055 mcg Niacin 5000 mcg Folic Acid 37 mcg Biotin 29.6 mcg Pantothenic Acid 3023 mcg Vitamin C 37 mg Choline 10 mg Inositol 40 mg Calcium 180 mg Calcium 9.0 mEq Phosphorus 100 mg Magnesium 12 mg Copper 250 mcg Iodine 6 mcg Selenium 2 mcg Sodium 43 mg Sodium 1.9 mEq Potassium 129 mg Potassium 3.3 mEq Chloride 81 mg Chloride 2.3 mEq Potential Renal Solute Load 27.8 mOsm
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A