Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Similac Sensitive Infant Formula with OptiGRO is a great option when you need an alternative formula when a baby is experiencing fussiness and gas. Most babies experience these symptoms but if the symptoms are frequent, lactose sensitivity may be to blame. The Similac Sensitive formula is a reduced lactose formulation with a unique blend of two carbohydrates to help maximize absorption and be extra sensitive for baby's digestion. It is suitable for infants with intolerance to milk-based formulas but it's not suitable for infants or children with galactosemia.
Similac Sensitive features OptiGRO, a special blend by Abbott Nutrition. Similac Sensitive liquid also features DHA, lutein and vitamin E, all ingredients found in breast milk. DHA has been shown to support brain and eye development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E to support developing cells. The formula is fortified with iron shown to support baby's growth and brain development. This exclusive blend also has calcium, nucleotides to help support the immune system, prebiotics for digestive health and carotenoids, naturally found in breast milk, that act as antioxidants to fight off disease.
For other dietary needs, Similac Sensitive is gluten-free, Halal and Kosher. Available in three sizes: Similac Sensitive Powder is available in 1- Quart Ready-to-Feed liquid, and 1.41 lbs and 12.6 oz Powder Cans.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Precautions, Storage, Handling, Preparation and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Lower Lactose Formula
- Promotes Strong Bones
- Well Absorbed Carbohydrates
- Supports Developing Eyes and Brain
- Contains Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Supports Immune System
- Supports Infant Growth
- Low Osmolality (200 mOsm/kg water)
- Powder or Ready-to-Feed
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 50817, 57533, 57539
- HCPCS: B4158
- Sizes: 1.41 lbs Powder Can (50817), 12.6 oz Powder Can (57539), 1-Quart Ready-to-Feed Bottle (57533)
- Quantity: Each, Case of 6
Powder Unflavored: Corn Syrup, Milk Protein Isolate, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Sugar, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil, Galactooligosaccharides. Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, m-Inositol, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide, and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’- Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate). Allergens: Contains milk ingredients.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm the formula as serious burns can result.
- Premature infants or infants with a compromised immune system require sterile formulas. Powdered infant formulas are not sterile. Consult with pediatrician before using this product.
- Not safe for infants or children with galactosemia allergy.
Storage, Handling and Preparation:
Ready-to-Feed (1 Quart Bottle):
- Store opened Ready-to-Feed container in refrigerator.
- Store prepared bottles in refrigerator. Baby needs to consume within 48 hours.
- Unopened Ready-to-Feed quart bottle can be stored at room temperature. Do not expose container to extreme temperatures or formula can be compromised.
- If warm formula is desired, warm the bottle in warm water and not in the entire 1-quart container.
Powder (1.41 lbs and 12.6 oz. Can):
- Once powder formula has been mixed with water, store bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Store both unopened and opened container at room temperature.
- Do not expose formula to extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within one month.
- Do not reuse container.
Ready-to-Feed Nutrition Information
Volume 1-Quart Ready-to-Feed Calories 643 Protein 13.5 grams Fats 34.73 grams Carbohydrates 71.4 Water 900 Linoleic Acid 6431 mg Vitamin A 1929 IU Vitamin D 386 IU Vitamin E 9.6 IU Vitamin K 51 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 643 mcg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1029 mcg Vitamin B6 405 mcg Vitamin B12 1.67 mcg Niacin 7074 mcg Folic Acid 103 mcg Biotin 29.6 mcg Pantothenic Acid 3023 mcg Vitamin C 58 mg Choline 154 mg Inositol 28.9 mg Calcium 566 mg Calcium 28.3 mEq Phosphorus 379 mg Magnesium 38.6 mg Copper 611 mcg Iodine 58 mcg Selenium 13 mcg Sodium 206 mg Sodium 9 mEq Potassium 707 mg Potassium 18 mEq Chloride 437 mg Chloride 12.2 mEq
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A