Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Similac Spit-Up in Healthy Infants Formula with Iron and OptiGRO is a specialized milk-based infant formula with added rice starch to reduce frequent spit-up since it's easier to digest. Similac Spit-Up Formula has been clinically shown to reduce frequent spit-up in healthy babies by 54 percent, among healthy 2-month-old infants, compared to standard formula. In addition, the formula contains prebiotics to promote digestive health. This formula is iron-fortified for baby's growth and brain development. Abbott Nutrition developed an exclusive blend of important ingredients found in breast milk called OptiGRO. This blend includes DHA for brain and eye development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E to support developing cells. In addition, it contains calcium for strong bones and carotenoids that are naturally found in breast milk found to act as antioxidants to fight off disease.
Infants with other dietary needs will find Similac for Spit-Up Infant Formula to be Kosher, Halal and gluten-free. Formula can be purchased in 12.03 oz and 1.41 lb Can of powder formula and 1-Quart Ready-to-Feed Bottle. Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and therefore should not be fed to premature infants or infants with compromised immune systems. The Ready-to-Feed bottle may be the best option, consult with your baby's physician.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Precautions, Storage, Handling, Preparation and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Reduced Lactose Formula
- Easier to Digest
- Prebiotics for Digestive Health
- Reduces Spit-up
- Contains Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Promotes Brain and Eye Development
- Promotes Strong Bones
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Numbers: 50959, 53729, 56728
- Sizes: 12.3 oz Can (50959). 1.41 lb SimplePac (53729), 1-Quart Ready-to-Feed Bottle (56728)
- HCPCS Code: B4158
Powder Unflavored: Corn Syrup, Modified Rice Starch, Milk Protein Isolate, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Sugar, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil, Galactooligosaccharides. Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Salt, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, m-Inositol, Mixed Tocopherols, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide, and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’- Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate). Allergens: Contains milk ingredients.
- Warm ready-to-feed formula by pouring needed amount into a bottle and then place in warm water. Do not microwave which can boil and cause serious harm to baby.
- Similac Spit-Up is not intended for infants or children with galactosemia allergy.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Ready-to-Feed formula is best for premature infants or infants with a compromised immune system. Consult with pediatrician.
Storage and Handling:
Powder (12.3 oz and SimplePac 1.41 lb Can)
- Once powder is mixed with water, store unused bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Store unopened or opened container at room temperature.
- Do not expose formula to extreme temperatures.
- To maintain freshness and nutritional value, use opened container within one month.
- Do not reuse Similac container for other purposes.
Ready-to-Feed (1 Quart) Bottle
- Store unopened containers at room temperature.
- Do not expose formula to extreme temperatures.
- Store Ready-to-Feed container in refrigerator.
- Store prepared bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 48 hours.
- Once bottle has been opened, the formula in container must be fed to the baby within three days.
- Do not reuse Similac container.
Powder Nutrition Information
Volume 155.5 mL (5.3 fl oz) 1000 mL (1.1 Qt) Calories 100 643 Protein 2.14 grams 13.76 grams Fats 5.40 grams 34.73 grams Carbohydrates 11 grams 70.74 grams Water 140 grams 902 grams Linoleic Acid 1000 mg 6431 mg Vitamin A 300 IU< 1929 IU Vitamin D 60 IU 1386 IU Vitamin E 1.5 IU 9.6 IU Vitamin K 8 mcg 51.4 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 100 mcg 643 mcg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 160 mcg 1029 mcg Vitamin B6 63 mcg 405 mcg Vitamin B12 0.26 mcg 1.67 mcg Niacin 1100 mcg 7074 mcg Folic Acid 16 mcg 102.9 mcg Biotin 4.6 mcg 29.6 mcg Pantothenic Acid 470 mcg 3023 mcg Vitamin C 9 mg 57.9 mg Choline 24 mg 154.3 mg Inositol 4.5 mg 28.9 mg Calcium 88 mg 566 mg Calcium 4.4 mEq 28.3 mEq Phosphorus 59 mg 379 mg Magnesium 6 mg 38.6 mg Copper 95 mcg 611 mg Iron 1.9 mg 12.22 mg Zinc 0.79 mg 5.08 mg Manganese 5 mcg 38.6 mcg Iodine 9 mcg 58 mcg Selenium 2 mcg 13 mcg Sodium 32 mg 206 mg Sodium 1.4 mEq 9 mEq Potassium 110 mg 707 mg Potassium 2.8 mEq 18 mEq Chloride 68 mg 437 mg Chloride 1.9 mEq 12.2 mEq
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!