Other Shiley product(s)
Shiley XLT Extended-Length Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes, by Mallinckrodt, are designed for patients with unique tracheal physiology that calls for an extra long tube to secure a breathing pathway. The Shiley XLT trach tubes share much of the same features as the Shiley Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes, yet include extended tube lengths in either the distal or proximal regions of the shaft to compensate patients who have either a full/thick neck, or those who have tracheal stenosis, malacia or long tracheal anatomies.
The Shiley XLT has complementary disposable cannulas, all sized accordingly. The inner cannulas come with a twist lock mechanism to keep them secured. The neck flange is soft, flexible and swivels freely to give the patient comfort and allows easy inspection of the stoma site. The inflatable cuff can easily be adjusted. It is high volume, low pressure meeting medical standard cuff criteria.
The Shiley XLT disposable inner cannulas come in four different lengths to fit both the Shiley Extended-Length Tracheostomy Cuffed Tubes and Shiley Extended-Length Uncuffed Tubes.
Shiley Extended-Length Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes Features and Benefits
- The tubes have extended lengths in either the distal or proximal locations of the shaft.
- The extended lengths are ideal for those with unique neck physiology.
- The cuff can be adjusted to the proper volume.
- The flange is soft, flexible, and swivels freely for patient comfort.
- The disposable cannulas twist and snap into a fixed position within the outer cannula.
- The size, name, and description to match inner cannula is boldly printed on the trach cuff.
Shiley Extended-Length Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes Specifications
- Manufacturer: Mallinckrodt
- Latex Free
- Inner Diameters: 5.0mm, 6.0mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm
- Outer Diameters: 9.6mm, 11.0mm, 12.3mm, 13.3mm
- Total Lengths: 90mm, 95mm, 100mm, 105mm
- Proximal Lengths: 5.0mm, 8.0mm, 12.0mm, 15.0mm
- Distal Lengths: 48.0mm, 49.0mm, 50.0mm
- Manufacturer Numbers: (Extended Distal) 50XLTCD, 60XLTCD, 70XLTCD, 80XLTCD, (Extended Proximal) 50XLTCP, 60XLTCP, 70XLTCP, 80XLTCP
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Covidien Sub Brand Shiley Rx Type Trach Tube
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!