Customers Also Bought
BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheter Blood Collection Sets
BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheters are made by BD Becton Dickinson of BD Vialon™ biomaterial offering passive needle shielding to provide the highest degree of safety. The integrated system provides added protection from blood and bloodborne pathogens. The unique, telescoping safety shield of the Saf-T-Intima covers the needle after use to help protect caregivers against accidental needlesticks injuries. A removable PRN adapter lets caregivers connect with their choice of needleless injection system or infusion line. The multipurpose design features an integral extension set with a slide clamp and a unique "Y" adapter so you can preconnect the BD Saf-T-Intima Integrated IV Catheter and create a closed catheter system for a virtually bloodless insertion. Click the following link for BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Set Practices.
BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheter Blood Collection Set Features & Benefits
- Removable PRN adapter allows the use of any needleless closed IV access device.
- Allows for prepriming and flushing during venipuncture.
- IV catheters made of BD Vialon™ biomaterial provide easier to insert, while providing longer indwelling times with improved patient outcomes.
- Catheters made of Vialon are substantially less phlebitogenic than catheters made of Teflon.
- For severe phlebitis, the reduction in risk by using Vialon is nearly 30% overall.
- An excellent choice for fragile vessels or vessels that have lost venous tone, such as any chronically ill patient who has compromised vein status, neonates, and geriatrics.
BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheter Blood Collection Set Specifications
- Product ID Numbers: 383313, 383312, 383322, 383323, 383312.
- Gauge Options: 22 & 24.
- Needle Length: 3/4"
- Flow Rate Options: 22mL to 36mL.
- Style Options: with or without Y adapter.
- Needle instantly retracts.
- Notched needle technology.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer BD Becton Dickinson
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Based on your history