Customers Also Bought
Berrcom JXB-178 Overview
Rycom JXB-178 Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer uses precision technology to take temperatures without contact. At the push of a button, this device instantly and accurately takes the recipient's temperature from 1.2 to 2 inches away. By avoiding contact, this medical-grade thermometer helps to reduce the spread of germs and viruses while ensuring a simple, user-friendly experience for professional and home use. This device comes equipped with three different temperature modes; Body, Room, and Surface.
Safe and Simple
The Berrcom Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer is FDA-approved and CE-certified, providing a contact-free temperature on a simple, color-coded LCD display. The Rycom Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer provides the user with Fahrenheit or Celcius temperatures, and the LCD backlight will be green, orange, or red depending on the temperature range of the recipient. The green display signifies a good, healthy temperature. Orange represents a low fever. And if the display is red, the recipient has a high fever. The Berrcom Thermometer is a medical-grade device designed to be user-friendly for household and professional use.
Features and Benefits
- Simple 1-Second Testing
- No Skin Contact Required
- Cutting-Edge Infrared Lens
- Color-Coded Temperature Display
- User-Friendly LCD
- Audio Notification with Volume Control
- FDA-Approved and CE-Certified
- Memory Storage for Temperature Stats
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Is the Berrcom Infrared Thermometer FDA-Approved?
A: Yes, this thermometer is both FDA-approved and CE-certified for conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards.
Q: What temperature is considered a fever?
A: Current medical standards suggest rectal, ear, or temporal artery temperature of 100.4 (38 C) or higher signifies a fever, while for an oral temperature it is 100 F (37.8 C) or higher. This device will queue the user in with a simple color-coding of green, orange, and red.
Q: Can the Berrcom Infrared Thermometer switch between Celcius and Fahrenheit?
A: Yes. In the switch-on state, press the Mode button for 2 seconds. The screen will display F1. Then press the Mode button to transfer between Celsius and Fahrenheit, confirm by pressing the Menu button.
- Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- Set of Two AA Batteries
- Comprehensive User's Guide
Rycom Non-Contact Thermometer Use and Care
- For first use, wait 10-15 minutes for the unit warm-up. This will allow the device to be acclimated to the temperature of the room.
- Press the On/Scan button.
- Aim the device directly at the recipient's head from a distance of about 1.2 to 2 inches.
- Press the thermometer's measurement button and the temperature will instantly be displayed.
- The display will show Fahrenheit or Celcius depending on your settings.
- The display will also change colors depending on the recipient's fever status.
- Green represents a good, healthy temperature. Orange is for a low fever. Red means the recipient has a high fever.
- Don't forget to wait 10-15 minutes for accurate results whenever the device has undergone a battery change.
- Manufacturer: Berrcom
- Item Number: JXB-178
- Unit Length: 187 mm
- Unit Width: 120 mm
- Unit Height: 57 mm
- Unit Weight: 80 g
- Temperature Display Resolution: 0.1C (0.1F)
- Consumption: ≤300 mW
- Memory: 32 Sets
- Ambient Temperature: 10°C ~ 40°C (50°F ~ 104°F)
- Relative Humidity: ≤ 85%
- Audible Alarm if Temperature Higher than 38°C (100.4°F)
- Celcius and Fahrenheit Display: Yes
- Longevity: 100,000 Readings
- Accuracy: ± 0.3°C (0.6°F)
- Response Time: 1 Second
- Suggested Age: All
- Automatic Power-Off: <30 Seconds
Manuals and Documents
High-Accuracy Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer for Infants & Adults (0:44 minutes)
FDA-Approved Medical Grade Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer (1:26 minutes)
- Additional Information