Customers Also Bought
Respironics Threshold Inspiratory Muscle Trainer is designed to help users increase their respiratory strength. The Threshold IMT Trainer is a small and lightweight device that can be taken anywhere for on the spot resistance training. It is made of high quality and durable acrylic so that it lasts a long time and remains reliable. One great feature of this Threshold IMT Inspiratory Muscle Trainer is that there is no need for a pressure indicator, since it provides constant pressure throughout the therapy.The Threshold Inpiratory Muscle Training Device was created for any patient in almost any circumstance. The product contains a one-way valve to help anyone use it, depending on the strength of therapy that they need. It is easy to adjust pressure in small increments of two centimeters at a time. This therapy is truly customizable for the patient, because it can be performed standing, sitting, lying down or in any other needed position. You may also be interested in other popular products, such as the OptiChamber Diamond Asthma Spacer MDI Inahler or the SideStream Nebulizer Masks.
Product Features and Benefits
- One-Way Flow for Easy Use
- Improves respiratory muscle strength and endurance
- No Pressure Indicator Needed
- Customizable to Patient
- Can Be Used in Any Position
- Super Small and Lightweight
- Easy to Clean for Repeated Use
- Weight: 1.3 ounces
- Diameter: 1.6 inches
- Length: 4.6
- Accuracy: ±2 cm H₂O
- Reproducibility: ±1 cm H₂O
- Body: Impact-Resistant Acrylic
- Mouthpiece & Nose Clip: Polypropylene
- Scale: Hot-stamped, alcohol-resistant
- Measurement Range: 9 - 41 cm H₂O
- Resolution: 2 cm H₂O
- 1 Year
What Is It?
The device is used to strengthen the lungs, diaphragm and even the muscles between the ribs to improve the breathing capacity of the user.
How Does the Threshold Inspiratory Muscle Trainer Work?
By providing consistent pressure during breathing, the muscles around the lungs—the diaphragm and intercostal muscles—as well as the lungs themselves receive a form of “strength training.” The pressure is consistent despite the airflow provided by the patient. This allows the user to increase the capacity of each breath.
How to Use the Threshold IMT Device
- Adjust the pressure settings as recommended by a physician
- Place mouthpiece in the mouth
- Breathe in and out as needed against the recommended pressure
- There are no set time specifications, see a medical professional for specific time frames
- Cease use of the trainer if you become light headed or dizzy
Cleaning and Disinfecting Instructions
- Clean your device using warm water and a liquid dish soap
- Rinse by running warm, clear water through both ends as well as over the attachments
- Allow to air dry
- Athletic Training
Product Information and Documents
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A