Other Pro-Stat product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Pro-Stat Renal Care is a nutritional supplement that is ready-to-drink. Pro-Stat has been clinically proven to improve protein anabolism in hemodialysis patients. Serving as a specially formulated medical food, Renal Care provides protein and prebiotic fiber to help manage hypoalbuminemia and bowel regularity in patients on dialysis. Pro-Stat Renal Care is an enzyme- hydrolyzed concentrated complete protein with 15 grams of protein (30percent DV), 3 grams of fiber, and 100 k/cal per 30 ml (one ounce). Rich in Arginine, Glycine, Proline and Hydroxyproline, Pro-Stat Renal Care provides high nitrogen donor capability to accelerate tissue healing, a critical factor in replenishing depleted protein stores in patients with pressure ulcers, malnutrition, and low albumin levels.
Pro-Stat Renal Care Indications For Use
Hypoalbuminemia, Protein Energy Malnutrition, Unintentional Weight loss, Dialysis, Fluid Restricted, Wounds, Low Fiber and Protein Intake, Bowel Irregularity.
Pro-Stat Renal Care Features & Benefits
- Low in Volume! 1 fl oz has 15 grams of Protein
- Formulated with 3 grams of fiber per serving to help with regularity
- Low in Phosphorus, Potassium and Sodium
- Available in great tasting tangerine flavor
- Available in 30 fl oz bottles and 1 fl oz single serve pouches
- Nutrient dense, providing 15 grams of protein and 100 calories per 1 fl oz.
- The only concentrated liquid protein with fiber.
- Great tasting tangerine flavor.
Pro-Stat Renal Care Specifications
- Pro-Stat Renal Care Product Number: 60064.
- Size Options: 1 ounce or 30 ounce.
- Flavor: Tangerine.
- Application: Oral Nutrition Supplement.
- Sugar Free.
- Manufacturer: Nutrica.
Pro-Stat Renal Care Additional Information
- Sundell et al. Pro-Stat Alone Improves Anabolism in Dose dependent manner in Chronic Hemodialysis Patients. Journal of Renal Nutrition. 2009:19:412-421.
- Pro-Stat Renal Care Brochure highlights the features and benefits of this nutritional supplement.
- Pro-Stat Renal Care Nutrition Information provides detailed nutrition data.
- Pro-Stat Recipes for using Renal Care.
Pro-Stat Renal Care Ingredients
In addition to the standard quality ingredients found in of Pro-Stat Sugar Free, Pro-Stat® Renal Careincludes two fiber sources,polydextrose and fructooligosaccharides(FOS) to provide 3 grams of soluble fiber.
Polydextrose is a common [soluble] functional fiber. Soluble fibers:
- Play a role in absorbing water to increase stool bulk and moisture that promotes regularity and ease of defecation
- Slow gastric emptying and transit time that helps manage post meal blood glucose spikes
- Bind with fatty acids to promote good blood lipid levels
FOS is a [soluble] prebiotic functional fiber. In addition to the above benefits noted for soluble fibers, prebiotic fibers are associated with a number of health benefits including:
- Producing short chain fatty acids that promote the growth of the beneficial bacteria found in the GI tract
- Increasing mineral absorption to help balance fluid and sodium absorption that in turn discourages diarrhea
- Modulating the immune system
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!