Other Prevail product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Breathable side panels.
Prevail Adjustable Underwear from First Quality delivers peace of mind and the assurance that you need to carry with your daily activities. Its Quick Wick with MaxSoft technology material pulls moisture away from your skin to keep you drier. That helps keep your skin healthier. But Prevail didn't stop there. They created Skin Smart Fabric that has Aloe and Vitamin E that help promote comfort and healthy skin.
Adding to your comfort are the breathable zones built into the sides of the underwear. This unique feature allows heat to escape helping you to stay cooler. So you don't sweat as much, which helps keep you dry.
The built-in Omni-Odor Guard helps cut the number of agents that cause smells. That means less potential urine odor from incontinence.
Cloth-like fabric covers the underwear, giving it the look and feel of regular underwear. Not only that, but the soft outer material is breathable, which helps lower the chances of irritation. Special Easy-Lock Fastener Tabs cling to the fabric.
These tabs are not sticky and can reattach many times, so you can easily adjust the underwear for a snug, secure fit. The Prevail Adjustable Protective Underwear comes in two sizes to fit any waist size - small/medium and large. Tear apart seams make it easy to remove when changes are needed. For clean up, you may want to try these disposable incontinence wipes.
Prevail Adjustable Underwear Features and Benefits
- Re-attachable Side Tabs
- Skin Smart Fabric
- Odor Guard
- Breathable Zones
- Cloth-Like Outer Fabric
- QUICK WICK Technology
- Easy Lock Fastener
- Manufacturer: First Quality
- Brand: Prevail
- Product Numbers: PVR-512, PVR-513
- Sizes: S/M, L
- Waist/Hip Size: 28-46 Inches (S/M), 44-58 Inches (L)
- Application: Protection Against Urged and Mixed Incontinence
- Closure Type: Tabs
- Absorbency: Moderate
Common Causes of Incontinence
Elastic Gatherers around legs.
- Short Term -
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Certain medications
- Diuretics such as
- Carbonated Drinks
- Sparkling Water
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Spicy, sugary, or acidic foods
- Long Term -
- Weak pelvic muscles
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Enlarged Prostate
Prevail Protective Underwear
Why Women are More Likely Affected than Men
Specific things like pregnancy and childbirth and menopause affect the muscles that support the bladder and urinary tract. Also, the tube (the urethra) through which urine flows is shorter in women than in men. That means fewer muscles to hold urine.
Types of Incontinence and When They Usually Occur
- Urge Incontinence -
- Parkinson's Disease
- Stress Incontinence
- Lifting heavy objects
- Body movements that put pressure on the bladder
- Functional Incontinence
- Mobility issues
- Mental health
- Overflow Incontinence
- Over-production of urine
- Inability to empty the bladder
Drinking Enough Water
Getting enough water is vital to the body's functioning. It helps muscles have enough energy. It also helps clean out toxins. Not only that, but it helps dilute urine. That helps lower the smell.
Prevention and Treatment
While incontinence is not always preventable, there are keys to decreasing its risk factors.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Training (Kegel)
*Start by finding the muscles that control urinating. You can do this by stopping while urinating.
Do 3 sets per day.
- With an empty bladder, sit or lay down.
- Tense your Pelvic Floor muscles and hold for between 3 to 5 seconds.
- Let go of the tension and rest for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Do 10 repetitions.
- Identify bathroom frequency by keeping a diary for at least 3 days.
- Add 15 minutes to your average toiletting interval.
- Gradually add more time between each trip.
- Work up to two to four hours between trips.
- Stay on schedule.
- Go to the bathroom to avoid accidents, but return to your schedule afterward.
- *Use the toilet at your scheduled time, even if you don't feel the urge.
Avoid (or at least limit) the following:
- Carbonated drinks
- Sparkling water
- Atrificial sweeteners
- Chili Peppers
- Spice, sugary, or acid foods
- Citrus fruits
Talk to your doctor if you are taking any of the following:
- Heart or blood pressure medications
- Muscle relaxants
- Large doses of Vitamin C
- Avoid smoking.*
- Maintain a healthy weight.*
- *Talk to your healthcare provider if you need help with this item.
Consult with your doctor or other healthcare professional about this option.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer First Quality Brand Prevail Absorption Heavy Backsheet Material Cloth-like, Waterproof Odor Control Moderate Gender Unisex
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.
- Manuals & Documents
- Community Q&A